Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Gulf Coast work
- - By Robert48 (**) Date 10-14-2009 23:21
Going to Gulf Shores for vacation for a few days. I am going there because I like the Gulf Coast and really would not mind living there if I could find a job equivalant to what I have now. I was wondering if any body has any work leads from Mobile to New Orleans. Ship yards, off shore etc. Have 3, 4, and 6G certs.
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 10-14-2009 23:46
A guy I work with said he knows someone around Gurlfport Ms making 37 an hour structural welding and this is no benefits. I also heard a place called Gulf Marine or maybe that is the northrope Gruman in Pascagoula MS paying 38 an hour contractor no benefits. Textron Marine and Land Systems New Orleans east top pay 20.10 an hour all benefits you want 4/10's needing both carbon and aluminum welders.
Northrope Gruman in New Orleans I think is hirring as well for about 38 an hour no benefits but get on with the company it maybe like 20 an hour with benefits. Trinity marine which builds million dollar yachts that are aluminum there always hiring and there around 20 an hour that is New Orleans
Parent - - By Robert48 (**) Date 10-14-2009 23:57
Who do you talkto about one of those Northrope jobs?
Parent - By Tyler1970 (***) Date 10-15-2009 01:20
Robert visit www.indeed.com type in welder in those few stats. mississippi. alabama, louisiana. and you will find plenty of shipyards to work in. 20.oohr on arm and 17.50 hr for perdiem. thats a base bout what the going rate is now down here. me i tend to stay out of them, i have no experience in them, therefor they wont let me in! lol that could be a good thing.
Parent - By chris2698 (****) Date 10-15-2009 09:10
You can go to there websites and they have a place there that you can apply you can also check out a place called ameriforce.com there a recruting agency for them
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Gulf Coast work