Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Resistance Welding
- - By APM (*) Date 12-15-2009 16:53
I'm looking for the AWS Specification for resistance welding that includes both single and multiiple impulse spot welding. Does anyone know what it is? Also is RWMA and AWS now one in the same? Finally is there a specification for corrosion within a certain diameter of the spot weld location?
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 12-15-2009 17:12 Edited 12-15-2009 17:14
First off, "WELDCOME TO THE WORLD'S GREATEST WELDING FORUM!!!"

Now as far as what you're asking about, you need to give us more data regarding your query such as material, so if you would - I'm sure someone could help you out in here! ;)

Ther is also a resistance welding section in here also where you could post your query also... ;) MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :) :) :)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Susan-RWMA Date 01-13-2010 16:06
Hello, I am the Program Manager of RWMA and hope I might be able to answer some of your questions or lead you in the right direction.  First off, yes, RWMA became a Standing Committee of the American Welding Society in June 2005.  There are currently close to 90 companies who are members of RWMA.  If you would like to learn more about RWMA membership and what it has to offer, please contact me directly as rwma@aws.org.

Secondly, you inquired about publications for resistance welding.  You can view all of the AWS publications online at www.awspubs.com.  Check out the C1.1, Recommended Practices for Resistance Welding.  This publication covers spot, seam, projection, flash, and upset welding, as well as weld bonding for uncoated and coated carbon and low-alloy steels, aluminum alloys, stainless steels, nickel , nickel-base alloys, cobalt-base alloys, copper and alloys, and titanium and alloys.  Details equipment and setup, welding variables, joint preparation, cleaning, welding schedules and parameters, weld quality testing, safety, and health.  This recommended practice was reaffirmed in 2006.

You might also be interested in the C1.4, Specification for Resistance Welding of Carbon & Low-Alloy Steels.  It provides the shear strength and weld button diameter requirements for carbon steel and low-alloy steel sheet reisstance and projection welds.

Also, the RWMA Resistance Welding Manual, revised 4th edition, is the latest and most complete compilation of basic information on resistance welding available anywhere.
Hope this helps.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Resistance Welding