Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Project
- - By Lawrence (*****) Date 12-16-2009 20:03
For the lads in metal-fab class..

Next semester we add the spit for pigs and goats..!
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-16-2009 20:15
Can I take a class by internet long distance and only show up for the class BBQs?

Sweet unit Lawrence.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-16-2009 20:22

>Can I take a class by internet long distance and only show up for the class BBQs?

Ooh, how bout me too? I love BBQ!
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 12-16-2009 20:21
Back in the day I used to work at a restaurant appliance company and we would fab and repair those 55 gal grills all the time, but I must say that build looks better than what we did!

Does the final include preparing and testing a heat treated specimen to the AWS B:BQ standard?
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 12-16-2009 20:46
It's a 55 gal and another half drum extension !~   So we can spit pigs and smoke stuff!

It was alot of fun..

Totally free form--- no plans... Lot's of distortion to deal with..  Much fun.

Tomorrow... Brats
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-16-2009 22:31
Very tactful Lawrence.  You TOTALLY avoided our question.  I take it that means the answer is a firm.... 'NO'!!!

Have a Great Day,  and enjoy those brats (my mouth is watering),  Brent
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 12-16-2009 23:31
I would Q with you anytime!
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 12-17-2009 00:02
yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm a pig roast.

Sweet Sweet pork
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 12-17-2009 03:45
Man O MAN DOES THAT BRING BACK SOME REALLY GREAT MEMORIES!!! ;)

My Cuban heritage has shown me a thing or two about pig roasting which I'm sure you guys would appreciate also, so when I gather all of the recipes for the different "Puercos Carbonado" I'll be more than happy to share them with you guys if you're interested? ;)

I remember when I was around five or six, when we used to go down to Miami to visit relatives and they all got together at the beach near Coral Gables I believe, and they roasted a Wild Boar that was soooo friggin good once they finished roasting it in a pit they dug on the beach!!! :) :) :) Yaeh Brother! Those were definitely some great times!!! ;) Brings back a whole lot of good memories!!! ;)

Anywho, i'll keep you'all posted when I find all of those recipes and post them after they've been translated to English by me! ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-18-2009 14:21
Henry, I do better with visuals.  I need YOU to SHOW me.  So, I accept your invitation.  Just give me a time and place.  How about we all meet at Lawrence's and you can show us how the experts BBQ on such well made equipment?!!

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 12-18-2009 16:55
It works!
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 12-18-2009 16:57
MMMmmmmm...... Looks good!! Too bad lunch is still an hour away for me. :-)

jrw159
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-18-2009 18:29
Why didn't I see any of these babies on that grillin' surface?

Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 12-18-2009 21:37
What a beautiful thing.

And the fish aint bad either!

Um... I have a couple of students who know the secrets of Ice fishing...  I've yet to try because most folks out on the Ice are looking to escape their wives and get drunk... Not the usual company I keep..   So there is some chance we will be seeing grill-pix in Feb.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 12-18-2009 16:57
I believe that's a wonderful idea!!! Now I just need a little more time to dig out my recipes so that you all can have copies, or we can just have someone record me as I work the pork to such succulent nirvana that maybe a video would be more appropriate??? Then I can show you guys how to make "Perneal" some Cuban sandwiches, Cuban styled pulled pork, and a bunch of other great tasting dishes from either hog or Boar if you prefer!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 12-18-2009 19:51
I iz hungryyyyyyyyy.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 12-18-2009 19:57
Man, you guys are killing me.

jrw159
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-18-2009 21:42
It is a good thing I just finished eating.  I still feel like my Rotti looks, slobbering all over the place.  That is not funny at all. 

I know what I'm doing tomorrow.  Time to get the BBQ back out of the shed.  Had it all put away for our snow and ice.

Have a Great Day,  and thanks for all the mouth watering pics,  Brent
Parent - - By Mat (***) Date 12-22-2009 01:41
Am I the only one that's only slightly concerned that the chicken was killed while giving birth to a beer can?  A chicken like that, I would thing that one would want to keep it around.  "Chicken only laid 3 beers today..."  ;)

Now excuse me while I go wipe the drool off my chin!
Parent - By chris2698 (****) Date 12-22-2009 10:24
Awsome pit, I gotta try the beer in the chicken thing, I hear it's good
Parent - By 52757 (**) Date 12-22-2009 12:13
Henry, quit teasing I can't stand it any more. POST THOSE RECIPES!!!!! I'm hungry.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Project