Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Corrosion resistance test .... failed, number 2 (locked)
1 2 Previous Next  
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 12-22-2009 04:14 Edited 12-22-2009 04:19
You're correct Superflux! That's because too many folks in this thread either decided to get into a discussion on forum etiquette instead, or get all riled up because of some friendly bantor concerning the the Navies of the UK and the US as well as one or two individuals who decided to hijack this thread and bring it to an even higher state of delirium with some of their accusations coming from another planet if you get my meaning, but it;s really a spill over from a previous thread which was locked and I suspect that this one will be also as soon as probably tomorrow I'm guessing...

It's a real shame too because really do miss discussing topics of substance in the this and other sections, but lately I find myself defending myself almost daily from a very select few folks (Lu-Lu's & Ling-Ling's! ;) ) that really need to seek professional help!!! ;) ;) ;) I'm taking a break starting tomorrow from all of this as I travel for the Holidays and hopefully when I come back everyone will have calmed down a bit, and things will soon be back to normal again... Wishful thinking I know but, I'm always hopeful...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND MAY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE A SAFE AND WONDERFUL NEW YEAR!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Nanjing Date 12-22-2009 13:06 Edited 12-22-2009 13:33
Sorry Superflux, it started out with an interesting and an unusual failure due to lack of understanding of ASTM G48 corrosion tests on duplex materials coupled with a Norwegian requirement. Some of the old guard members totally missed the problem and have been fighting a rear guard action ever since. Unfortunately Henry has taken real offence about the discovery of his lack of knowledge on this subject and has even gone so far as sending threatening personal messages. Sad really.
Parent - - By Stephan (***) Date 12-22-2009 16:15
Nanjing,

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"
(Matthew; 3,10)

I know that this does not deal with the original post coming from the honourable Professor Giovanni S. Crisi, but please let me say as follows.

Henry is a real great fellow and his input to this forum is esteemed by 99.9999% of all of the forum fellow members - including myself - as invaluable.

Your input to the OP's corrosion test issue was certainly well considered - at least to me. So what I am asking myself is, is it really necessary to ruin all the reasonable input again by stating things like "Henry has taken real offence about..."?

It's simply like jrw159 said yesterday and hitting hereby the nail (quote): "I feel you have a lot to offer but this is not it." (unquote).

Don't you mean - as you are certainly a highly educated and experienced gentleman - that there is space enough within this forum for the whole variety of different approaches to either fix an issue or even just replying to a question?

I for myself mean. The forum makers ('AWS Ross' and his team) have done very, very well by creating this forum as it is. A most wonderful place for the WHOLE WELDING COMMUNITY to exchanging opinions, knowledge, experience and so forth. And to discuss, learn and sometimes also argue - on a well meant and sober basis - since all we know that there is none like just the ONE AND ONLY TRUTH. In particular in welding, what's the reason, by the way, for me that I am hooked since meanwhile 30+ years, not getting tired - for not even one single second - to absorb everything that deals with welding.

I mean to remember that Ross said once: "This is YOUR forum and finally it is, what you make of it!" (hopefully I'm citing Ross correctly this way).

For me, this forum is a true godsend - even though I find much too few time meanwhile to attend more frequently - due to being an infinite source of knowledge infinitely fed by the quasi infinite number of its members. And Nanjing, I for myself don't want to miss even one of those great people. Not even a single one. And you, I'm sure, could (have) be(en) one of those! At least as far as I wouldn't be judged to being beneath your dignity.

No offence! It's just me!

Stephan
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 12-22-2009 16:53
Stephan, Hello old friend (old by acquaintance not your years). How are things with you? Well I hope.

Doing just fine here.

Here’s wishing you and yours and all the rest of the Forum all the best for Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
Parent - By Stephan (***) Date 12-22-2009 17:31
Ron,

what a great gift to read from you so shortly before Christmas, thank you so much, Sir!

All is going well so far here, even thougn I guess it's a bit different to Houston - at least with respect to the temperatures. :-)

I look forward to get to Houston again next year, hopefully. Last time it was outstanding - hot - ;-) again, the OTC Show is truly an extraordinary experience and it's always great to be welcomed to the Lone Star State!

I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas Ron and a Happy New Year 2010!

Stephan
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Corrosion resistance test .... failed, number 2 (locked)
1 2 Previous Next