Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / EN 15611
- - By js55 (*****) Date 12-18-2009 20:16
Per Clause 6, what sort of examination is intended?
Per Clause 6 b), what is intended by summary, or what is the usual practice of summarizing?
Per Clause 6 c), what is the usual practice of verifying "suitability of welds"?
Per Clause 9, what sort of documentation of previous welding experience is the industry standard to verify previous experience?
Parent - - By Stephan (***) Date 12-23-2009 21:42 Edited 12-23-2009 21:47
Jeff,

have seen this hopefully not too late.

I have occupied myself recently with a topic that required excessive standard- and code's interpretation work. Unfortunately it's extremely intricate to answer your queries with some two or three words.

Hence, please let me recommend to you to have a closer look at:

- EN 15614:2004 + A1:2008, Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials - Welding procedure test - Part 1: Arc and gas welding of steels and arc welding of nickel and nickel alloys

- EN ISO 15607:2003, Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials - General rules

- EN ISO 15609-1:2004, Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials -Welding procedure specification - Part 1: Arc welding

- EN ISO 15613:2004, Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials - Qualification based on pre-production welding test

- EN 288-2:1992 + A1:1997, Specification and approval of welding procedures for metallic materials - Part 2: Welding procedure specification for arc welding

- EN 288-6, Specification and approval of welding procedures for metallic materials - Part 6: Approval related to previous experience

- EN 288-7, Specification and approval of welding procedures for metallic materials - Part 7: Approval by standard welding procedure for arc welding

Also I would like to kindly and strongly recommend to occupy yourself with the EN ISO 3834 ff. series. This is the EN ISO key code series with particular respect to all quality management issues relating to welding as being defined as a special process.

If you are going to deal increasingly with EN ISO welding codes, from my humble point of view this is a must-have to be integrated to your library.

Hope this helps a bit.

Stephan

EDIT: Have corrected a typo
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 12-23-2009 22:25
Stephan,
Appreciate the response. No, it is not too late. Some of those I have, some not. I am currently in the research and development stage as we have had inquiries. I am putting together a collection of the EN Standards for reference and reviewing them in turn as time permits. Its a lot of info to cover and certainly within my professional frame of reference rather odd ways of thinking about things.
I am currently in the early stages of utter confusion, but its just a question of time.

thanks
Parent - - By Stephan (***) Date 12-23-2009 23:26
Jeff,

and I appreciate yours!

"...utter confusion..."

Yet how well I know this feeling! :-)

Let us know if there's any further open point - most likely there'll be more than one.

Take care and Merry Christmas,
Stephan
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 12-24-2009 13:20
Merry Christmas to you too.
Parent - By 3.2 Inspector (***) Date 01-04-2010 10:31
Sorry, I can't help you on this one.
I have never worked to 15611.

Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / EN 15611