Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / you won't believe your eyes
- - By joe pirie (***) Date 01-14-2010 05:46
Paste link into your browser.

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2009/06/29/shanghai-building-collapses-nearly-intact/

They didn't even have an earthquake. and were letting them prefab our bridges  Yikes
Parent - By Metarinka (****) Date 01-14-2010 17:56
They say all the OSHA rules and building codes are written in blood.

No one learns until people die... doesn't matter the country...
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 01-14-2010 18:00
I had seen that picture in those chain emails, I just thought it was one of those spoof type emails to get a laugh out of people. That is scary.
Parent - - By tigrooter (**) Date 01-15-2010 02:10
holy $hit batman and they are building how many new nuclear reactors over there!!!
Parent - By Bob Garner (***) Date 01-15-2010 17:11
But look at how nicely the building held together.  Hell, if you were inside, all you would have to do is just walk over to the wall and walk up the wall as the building rolls over.  Then just walk out a side window.  Don't get no better than that.
Parent - - By tighand430 (***) Date 01-15-2010 17:25
They're building a few new reactors but don't worry. The new westinghouse reactors goin in are pretty much modular so they can't screw it up too bad. Besides, if they do melt down, think of all the exra work folks here in the us would pick up buildin all the trinkets an crap comin out of there now. lol
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 01-15-2010 18:25
I wonder if they think of the “American syndrome” over there? Maybe they made a movie also.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 01-16-2010 10:59
That's something else! Thinking of all the people who are already in the other buildings who just saw an exact replica of the one they are living in fall over! Oops!! Don't think I'd be living there! This is the kinda stuff the normal American public won't see so they won't have a clue about the "issues" when they are driving over their new Chinese bridge.
Parent - - By ol red (*) Date 01-16-2010 15:32
IS THERR ANY GUY NAMED TEEBONE ON HERE
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 01-16-2010 17:18
Doing a search as you spelled it there is nobody on here with that name, looks like if you spelled it wrong though the search would come back with no results. Searched my name and put in one wrong number and nothing. So you'd have to check to make sure the screen name is correct.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / you won't believe your eyes