Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / work please!!!!
- - By Redfaceok (*) Date 01-19-2010 20:05
I am in great need of work. I am certified and have papers for 4 separate gas companies. I have done rig welding and i have 2 years on the pipeline. If anyone could use a welder or know of any work or contacts i would greatly appreciate it. Pm me with any info you may have thank you all.
Parent - By fordsux8269 (**) Date 01-19-2010 20:12
Im also a welder but will be someones helper if anyone needs one I can do just about anything pipeline related. Im currently in the Fort Worth area but will travel.
Parent - - By Tyler1970 (***) Date 01-19-2010 21:27
what part of the country are you from?
Parent - By Redfaceok (*) Date 01-22-2010 00:24
i live in okarche. But will go anywhere
Parent - By yachtwork Date 01-22-2010 01:18
Greetings- I see your asking for work and I feel for the many people trying to get by.  I'm going to paste a chapter from my book "How to make money with boats". It's 50 small businesses run from a boat, but many of the ideas might be interchangeable with your skill set.  This chapter contains all the ways I have seen people earning a living in the marine world working the welding trade. Hope this long post does not crash the system.

Might give someone some ideas.
Scott

Okay, the post exceeded the allowable length, so I put it on our website. Sorry no photos, but the text is there and it gives a series of small time money making jobs for welders. Not pipeline stuff, and aimed at boats but it might spark an idea or two.

http://www.tongacharter.com/report-welding-on-boats.htm
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / work please!!!!