Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Hi everybody
- - By greatwelder (*) Date 09-21-2003 17:21
I am new to the board.I am a stick welder.Maybe you all could tell me your job in the welding industry and the equipment you all use.I am very interested in learning new ideas and stuff about welding you know about consumables,new tricks,different equipment,helpful hints,oxy fuel cutting,and lots of other cool stuff.Please keep me informed.Thank You
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 09-21-2003 17:50
greatwelder,
There is plenty to learn here. You can search (top right of this page) this forum and find a plethora of answers to just about any guestion you can post. or you can post a question and you will get replys.

In this process you will meet a wide range of folks who use welding as Art, Hobby, to earn a living and a way of life.

What more could you ask for?

Oh by the way we also have instructions on Grammar, psychology (not be confused with Psycholodgy) and last but not least, Spelling.
Parent - By SouthernWelding (*) Date 09-21-2003 18:13
How you doing greatwelder? I am a bum.I stole all my equipment.Hahahaha spelling =D.What type of machine(s) do you have?How many years you been welding? What do you do for a living? and NO you keep me informed! ;)

Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!
Parent - By dee (***) Date 09-26-2003 11:36
Greatwelder,
Good to see you and wellcome to the board. You'll get the most out of it if you stick around a while, absorb what you can, and ask about what seemed to slip over your head. Everyone here is here because they want to help, in part as an issue of professional courtesy; in that regard, the first general hint has to do with the board itself... we're trying to share what it took hard experience to teach us and it's an effort at mutual assistance. There's a lot to learn here... you could make a study of how to get the most out of the site but to keep on topic it would have to be put into parenthesis.

Since you mentioned about wanting to learn more about welding we have something in common. We all rely on reference materials of some sort here. It may be a fair guess that some of the folks who drop in here have little or nothing as their reference library. What books have you got in yours? I believe the single best text I've seen would be an old copy of Union Carbide welding product's "Linde 'Oxyacetylene Handbook'" even for someone who will never weld with oxyfuel.

I often go on for hours but CTS, cramps, and the clock requires I pick up and continue this later.

Wellcome & regards
d
Parent - By rodofgod (**) Date 09-27-2003 18:12
Hi Greatwelder,
I think you'll find this forum is just what your after! The amount of information and the willingness to help others that the forum members show is amazing!
Just watch the spelling!
Welcome.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Hi everybody