Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Bug-O magnetic torch??
- - By cole (*) Date 02-17-2010 03:30
Anyone ever used a bug-o magnetic track torch? Im looking at one, it is bulky but works great. He wants 500 and im just wondering if its worth it. I use keokies alot just haven't found one for sale. any input would be great.

Cole
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 02-17-2010 03:41
We have one that is programmable for shapes or straight operation. So far we have only used it for a GMAW and FCAW carriage and it has worked very well. If you are referring to a pipe cutting track torch, haven't used it for that yet.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-17-2010 13:10
If the torch and track assembly are still in good shape, I'd say $500 is a good buy. IIRC they run about $1500 for a new bare bones model with no accessories.
- - By cole (*) Date 02-17-2010 03:47
This one is the gofer 3 as far as I know its just for cutting plate. I dont like how bulky it is because I will be hauln it on my truck, but for 500 it seems to be a good deal, plus its magnetic.
Parent - - By waccobird (****) Date 02-17-2010 10:40
cole
I like the bug-o line and the magnets allow for it to cut vertical. Where others roll in a grove that catches popping mill scale causing irregular movement the bug-o is geared for a more consistent travel.
I like the lightness and ease of set up with the Keoke (i can't recall the spelling). But as mentioned the bug-o can give a much better cut.
Just my ΒΆΒΆ's
Good Luck
Marshall
ps the bugo is a lot more expensive.
if it is in good shape and the barrel hasn't suffered knocks and bumps it is worth it.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 02-17-2010 13:02 Edited 02-17-2010 13:05
I agree!!! Bug-o is after all from right here in Pittsburgh, PA down on Carson Street!!! ;) :) ;) Koike which is part of Koike-Aronson on the other hand is from Western NY state near Buffalo, and is also an excellent brand...

Now as far as the price for the Bug-o is concerned, that one is definitely more than worth it if the owner's manual is included along with any accessories also, but even it it didn't come with it. you could easily get a copy from Bug-o for a reasonable price if necessary and still come out ahead on the deal in the end provided that the equipment is indeed in good working order - that is!!! :) :) :) I would definitely purchase that Bug-o because even if you only use it maybe twice, it will pay for itself in those two applications which is a pretty good ROI (Return Of, or On Investment) IMHO!!! :) :) :)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By cole (*) Date 02-18-2010 03:47
Thanks guys I decided to go ahead and buy it. Its in real good shape. I like the fact that unlike the beetle you can't knock it off the track in the middle of cutting. I don't know how many times I've been cutting plate and knocked one off its track!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Bug-O magnetic torch??