Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Ranger 8 Air gap spec between ignition coils-flywheel
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-16-2010 20:50
I'm looking for the air gap spec between the coils and the flywheel. I'm sure that a feeler gauge of a certain size must be used to set the gap but don't have any info. Magnet on my flywheel grenaded and took out my stator. Got it cleaned out and back together to finish this job in the next day or two and have parts ordered. Wish I could get a service manual/shop manual for this machine from Lincoln. I've got a new stator and flywheel coming, also thinking what a stupid idea this stator/magnet thing is(thanks kohler) and the wonderful reputation I have learned recently about the magnet frag grenade option.

Any help would be appreciated.....not to cheap to pay a qualified mechanic.....just don't think he'll accept small children or livestock as payment as my money tree has died.

Thanks,

Shawn
Parent - - By hotrodtodd (**) Date 03-16-2010 23:04
point the flywheel magnet toward your coil place a buisness card over the magnet let the magnet pull the coil tight to the biz card tighten coil screws down spin motor over to remove card , you should be good to go
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-17-2010 03:52
sounds like a plan hotrod, thanks! Think I've heard about the match book trick before, seems like it was when I had that 68' Ford, with points.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Ranger 8 Air gap spec between ignition coils-flywheel