Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / SA 200 Rolling The Rack???
- - By shumar91 Date 03-17-2010 22:55
Can someone  (who knows what they are talking about) please tell me how to roll the rack on an SA 200 ...... I'd like to know what this actually does as far as arc force, deposition rate, ocv....... also the T344 brush "the 300 amp brush" what effect does it have ????....Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 03-18-2010 02:11
Do a search on both topics, there are some lengthly threads on them.
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 03-18-2010 18:54
Good way to shorten the life of your welder if just experimenting with it.  Line up the marks for the brush rack and leave it alone.  There are more posts about it in the gear section for SA200 and also recent posts on arc force setup that Fowlers / Hybriweld makes it's their invention.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 03-24-2010 13:08
some prefer it i dont even recomend it like fixalinc said line up the punch marksand leave it alone. 300 amp brushes dont make it a 300 amp machine. Ihad a machine built and he put 250 amp brushes in it it welds the same just covers more bars on the armiture.
- By joe pirie (***) Date 03-24-2010 13:34
I know a lot of welders roll the rack on their machine depending what there doing on a pipeline
Example a welder on a bead and hot pass crew would adjust their machine voltage output by bumping the rack differently
then a welder on the fireing line. I know some others who adjust the rack based on the grade pipe their welding.
I never messed with my own machine but I did try a friends machine who had it set up for beads and hotpasses
and I did notice a big difference for the better in my opinion. I never heard that it shortened the life of the machine
Don't try this yourself  find someone who knows what they're doing. I believe some of the newer machines achieve the
same effect with electronic settings IE pipe mode , downhill mode, fine dig adjustment.  good luck  Joe
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / SA 200 Rolling The Rack???