Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Job openings East Texas - Lone Star
- - By iveyweldingsvcs (*) Date 03-24-2010 20:53
Any guys looking for work in east texas....they have 20 openings for welder/millright with at least 5 yrs experience and can pass a pipe test 6 inch horizontal or on 45..pay starts at 18.00 hr 40 hrs plus per week overtime available and it is a temp to hire position.  We have been looking for a long time for anything and I thought I would post this if anyone is interested I would love to share the contact info e-mail me at the4heathernsmom@aol.com I am under hubby's sign on right now.  Thanks!
Parent - - By iveyweldingsvcs (*) Date 03-25-2010 14:52
A lot of guys are asking about the test here is what I know.  It is a 6 inch pipe test your choice of welding it flat horizontal or on a 45.  Test is in a shop 5p root and hot pass with a 7018 fill and cap.  You use their equipment it is not a rig welder job using your own rig unfortunaterly.  It is visual inspect only no bend and no xray.  But visual must be clean no trash etc.  The lady called me again this morning and is desperate to find some workers.  She said guys do not have to come to longview she will meet them at the job site in lone star and do paperwork and test there.  She still has 20 something openings and tons of work with voluntary overtime available at time and a half pay.  Everything over 40 is overtime...perm hire is after 90 days and benefits available at that time.  Hope that clarifies a bit!!
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 03-25-2010 18:51
not bad but pay kinda stinks but would say it's dam good practice though
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 03-29-2010 04:44
i figurd it up and with 20 hours overtime each week its still 5,000 a month before taxes
Parent - - By gto_welder (*) Date 03-26-2010 03:36
where in east texas is this job located ?
Parent - - By iveyweldingsvcs (*) Date 03-30-2010 15:13
It is in Lone Star but today they said they don't hv enough guys so they are wanting everyone to work 12-16 hr days on seven for the next month straight.  Money adds up but it is killer on the guys.  Also they are hiring direct now not just through the temp service gonna try to get the number up here but the supervisor is Brett Hart and the company is Mill Services.  Better direct hire than with the temp and I think a little more money too.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 03-30-2010 23:19
i found the info on the t w c website (texas workforce commission) it didnt give a pay rate but i applied. we'll see. my guess is they will want local guys first
- By gonzwld Date 03-30-2010 20:57
doe anyone have the contact info for this company
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Job openings East Texas - Lone Star