Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / insurance
- - By pipelinegator (*) Date 03-31-2010 15:39
where can I get some for my rig?
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 04-01-2010 00:52
Cactus has all the info. you need from phone# to ladies name ask him, he has ALL the connections!!!!!!
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 04-01-2010 13:29
most all insurance companies can offer you general liability insurance on your rig just have to call around and get the best price
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 04-03-2010 11:46 Edited 04-03-2010 11:50
It depends on where you are for the lady Cactus uses. I think she is in Oklahoma and could do nothing for me here in Tennessee. You need to find an independent agent, not Allstate, Nationwide or whatever. For example, something like Joe's Insurance. Look in the yellow pages and see which one does home, auto and Business insurance, the key word being business insurance. Once you find a few start calling numbers and asking for quotes. I had to go through a few to find one that actually insures welders. The difference with say Allstate and Joe's business insurance on your rig is Allstate will typically be in the $300k range max if you get sued. Joe's business insurance, $1mil in case you get sued in the event of an accident while driving. This is how it was explained to me and with all the gear on our trucks we scream commercial and some of the rigs I've seen out there, sue happy folks probably look at them like a gold mine.
Parent - - By low_hydrogen (**) Date 04-03-2010 16:22
Make sure when you get a quote to tell the what kind of work you do. Oil and gas policies are usaully a different deal than just you average 1million dollar policy.
might as well check on getting a 2 million dollar policy it's pennies on the dollar and a lot of companies are starting to require that you carry the 2.

There is all kinds of insurance policies and there is not a generic 1 million dollar policy that covers everything.  You may want to look into product, production, cargo etc.
Best thing to do is call an agent tell them the kind of work you do they will get you a binder and a quote back in about seven days.

Good luck it's a pain in the arse! but you gotta have it!

Check into going LLC, it's good for some people seperates your bussiness from your personal

Hope that helps :)
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 04-03-2010 17:19
The Insurance I use is through my Agent Vivian Moore at 361-485-1901 They specialize in Rig Welders. You must have a Texas address to use them. IF YOU DONT, Find an Agent that can underwrite for NAUTILUS INSURANCE. That is the actual insurance company
- - By fbrieden (***) Date 03-31-2010 16:18
From an insurance salesman!
Parent - By strother (***) Date 04-01-2010 01:08
Smart A$$
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / insurance