Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Fifth wheels
- - By CK Welding (**) Date 05-21-2010 04:04
Looking into trading up in the fifth wheel world and was wondering which four season you all prefer.  It needs to be warm and big enouph for wife and kids.  The one I am looking at is a heartland Greystone.  Any in put would be great.   THanks
Parent - By ruero (**) Date 05-21-2010 07:26
We just toured the NuWa factory few weeks ago and they seem to be our second choice, they build the Hitchiker, did like how they are built. Also just toured the New Horizon factory we liked these very much and was impressed on how they are built, they are more custom built to your specs. pretty pricey though, but we are looking for a full time unit this will be our home. We did look at a Heartland they seem to be pretty nice, maybe check out a Forest River product and Keystone as well.

Good luck
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 05-21-2010 15:29
I've got a Holiday Rambler Alumascape and have had only one issue in the 5yrs I have owned it. The piping sprung a leak for the outside shower, I never use it so I just bypassed it. Otherwise I really like the quality. It is very well insulated and I have never had any problems with freezing. The coldest it has ever been in is just above zero at hunting camp but nothing froze up.
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 05-22-2010 18:17
CK, Top of line 5th's- Holiday Rambler Alumascape model, also Montana makes an excellent line.
Parent - By Black Wolf (**) Date 05-22-2010 18:30
Current 5th wheel I am using is an older 2001 Jayco Designer 36RLTS....

Wife, little one, and 2 dogs, and myself.

Still warm this winter when we had cold spikes below -55°F.

Looked at some Heartland models last weekend - Greytstones seems nice.

Looked at Montana and Big Sky units at an RV show a few weeks back, Pricey, but NICE.

We are looking specifically at the ones with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms - Easier to go "Bump in the Night" with the Mrs. if the little one has her own room. lol.
- By crahner (**) Date 05-21-2010 12:15
We have a Puma. The quality is that of an RV.  Had it three years and no major problems yet.  You might check out http://www.cheyennecampingcenter.com/
click on the value leaders, i was unable to find any dealer that would come close, even factoring in the trip to Iowa (1300 miles on way for me)

Good luck
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Fifth wheels