Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / What a day!!!! LOL!
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 05-21-2010 05:31
Well the dishwasher decided to let us push every button but the one that starts it, My mortgage company decided to finally tell me the truth about the bailout program(3 months of looking up my but with a flashlight for reduced interest and 100 less in payments)  we got it in underwriting adding 10 YEARS to your mortgage (first disclosure I have had) lot to say here but I will spare you,   THIRD THING TODAY........

daughter took the old suburban to work, she got pulled out of work after an hour to tell her there is a problem, BURB is on fire and police will not let anyone get near it much less put it out, smoke is light at this point .....someone could handle it with fire extinguisher, a 20 minute wait for the fire department PER COP!!!!    Well 1/2 of $600 in new tires, one damm good 350 and tranny...and whatever the leather interior was worth went up in smoke.     I do not know what the fire dept fees will be but I rekon in that neighborhood about 1k.   I had 4 great years of service out of that burb, with nothing more then oil changes, 1 rear end rebuild, and a heater core......not bad for a 1990 with 250k on the clock.     I did not lose money really ........just a sad day putting a sweet reliable vehicle to rest.

oh well done with my *****en.....life goes on don't it!

Sanded and finished that wood trim myself dang it!!!!
Tommy
Parent - By 65 Pipeliner (**) Date 05-21-2010 12:47
That really sucks, you get it from every direction all at once.  The fire department charges you to put fires out?

Chris
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-21-2010 13:29
Good luck Tommy, hope it works out for ya. Sucks about the suburban, I can understand what you mean about a good reliable vehicle.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 05-21-2010 14:01
The good thing is she wasnt trapped in it when it caught fire. Cars and trucks are replacable lives arent. bUt i know how ya feel
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 05-22-2010 01:50
That is a bummer, make that multiple bummers.
- By ruero (**) Date 05-21-2010 06:56
That sucks seems like it always happens in three's. Going through some of the same, unexpected home repairs and now need to have sewer line dug up just as we deside to put the place up for rent, so waitin on the third. Hang in there man and we will overcome.

best to ya
- - By PipeIt (**) Date 05-21-2010 11:37
When it rains is pours, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, hang in there hopefully you still have your health.

I do feel your pain, been their before, take care.
Parent - - By Bob Garner (***) Date 05-21-2010 16:55
Doesn't look like the fire department earned any fees.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 05-21-2010 17:21
LOL Bob...you got that right!!!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / What a day!!!! LOL!