Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / LONGEVITY welder?
- - By lonewolf Date 05-24-2010 23:41
Looking into getting a LONGEVITY welder for personal home use. Anyone have any experience with this company? They have really good pricing and warranty, but I would like some input from some professionals on the performance of an imported machine like this. Thanks again.

here is the companies site: www.longevity-inc.com
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 05-25-2010 01:19
Is it made in the USA ?
Parent - - By smithcd2208 (**) Date 05-25-2010 02:40
i doubt it, he said it's an imported machine.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 05-25-2010 02:51
I caught that to. I just wondered if he would put that info out there
Parent - - By smithcd2208 (**) Date 05-25-2010 03:27 Edited 05-25-2010 03:34
I wouldn't buy it. Their site says their products are about 1/4 the price of most brands and everyone knows you get what you pay for. I saw some high speed film shots of some mig welding, spray, sc, and pulse spray transfer mode by some european welding company, kemppi oy. It's swedish i think. They had another video for an extended reach feeder that is 25m, like 75 feet. I thought that was pretty cool but someone in my class made a good point that changing rolls you would lose 75 feet of wire. It is a push pull system so i wonder if it would function well as a pull only to use up that 75 ft. of wire rather than waste it. I can't wait until i am able to buy my own welder. I really like your lincoln vantage.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 05-25-2010 03:31
Thank you. I would stick with a Leading brand here in the US
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 05-26-2010 01:25
What proceses do You plan to do?

If You want to stick weld, get a used Lincoln Ideal Arc 250 or Miller Dialarc 250. They are bullet proof and weld well.

If You want AC & DC Tig as well as stick, get a used Miller Dialarc 250 HF, 300 A/BP or a lincoln 300/300 TIG. If You have a bit more to spend get a 250-350 amp Syncrowave.

For MIG the 250 amp machines from Esab, Lincoln & Miller are hard to beat for a home shop.

A fair number of these import machines are sold as "For Repair or Parts" on eBay. Regardless of the waranty offered [be sure it is parts & labor, and check shipping requirements] I have reservations about the reliability.

With regard to the import plasma cutters, there is a guy selling a disc on how to repair them, if that tells You anything.

I have been tempted by these 50-60 amp plasma cutters, but haven't bitten into this apple.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 05-26-2010 11:37
Welcome to the forum. How about telling us a little about yourself? Are you in ANY way affiliated with longevity ?

Give me a phone number and I can call and tell you what I think. Or you can email me at gerald@weldingdata.com

Do you have any other welding question?

Gerald Austin
- - By pumahvac (*) Date 05-25-2010 21:26
the welding web fourm has had some interesting threads on their board about longevity and everlast. they both have paid sections on fourm. home use or not, i'd stick with the big boys. spend a couple of bucks more now, you won't regret it.
Parent - - By lonewolf Date 05-27-2010 00:12
Thank you all for the info. I will review weldingweb and try to get some more info on the company and there competitors. I think that for the amount of use that I will be putting on the machine, Its best off in my case to go with the low cost machine VS. the USA made. I dont really care where the machine is made as long as the company stands behind the equipment, and it works. Am I affiliated with the company? no. I Think that If I was affiliated with the company, This would not be the best way to advertise... Sorry Gerald, I am not giving you my phone # or email address.

Thank you all for the feedback, I will give it some thought.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 05-27-2010 00:15
Well, If you dont care where anything is made and all you want is low cost then move yourself over to the Chinese Welding Society and ask them !
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 05-27-2010 01:49
You will get greater reliability for a lower price with the used machines I mentioned in My previous post, but they are not inverters, so they are larger and draw more power.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 05-27-2010 02:35
I will PM Mine. I have one of the Longevity CT416's and had a MMA140 that a friend is using now who loves it. I have also tried the everlast machine.

I was in a funny mood. Haven't spent much time on forums writing so may have poorly judged. I apologize if I offended. Please contact me and I will let you know what I think of the machines I have and have had.

Though I may get some flack, the machine I have has been a GREAT value. As with many of the import goods not backed by a major company, there is a risk. For Under 600 bucks I am able to Burn 1/8" 7018, Tig with or without a foot pedal, and cut up to 3/8" steel.

my email is gerald@weldingdata.com or you can call or text my phone number I PM you . Look forward to hearing from you. There are some reviews on my site I will PM the links for .

Gerald Austin
www.weldingdata.com
- - By Nitesky (**) Date 03-21-2011 13:21
Hmm, OP has only 2 posts.  I smell something
Parent - By Pickupman (***) Date 03-21-2011 22:50
Why are you replying to a post thats nearly a YEAR old????????????
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / LONGEVITY welder?