Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Good (cheap) welding cable
- - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 05-29-2010 04:52
Ok gentlemen can anybody tell me where to get cable that isnt goin to break me? I need 1/0 cable, about 200 ft. of it
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 05-29-2010 09:11
I dont think they make any like you are looking for. GOOD and CHEAP never seem to go together
Parent - - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 05-29-2010 15:21
For the length your wanting might as well go ahead and order a full spool.  It'll be around 230 to 250 feet of 1/0.  Buying it that way may save you some but not much.
Parent - By JMCInc (**) Date 05-29-2010 16:25
http://www.cableyard.com/catalog/

Least expensive I could find that wasn't junk. Stays pliable in the cold. I bought 200' of 1/0.

Jon
Parent - By rcwelding (***) Date 05-30-2010 15:19
I had a friend looking for some the other day... The welding supply stores are high as heck... He went to a big electrical supply wholesale store and they ordered him a spool for 40% less than the welding supply store was selling it for....

I haven't  seen it but he says its great stuff and that the wholesaler doesn't stock it but they can get it cheep...

Like I said I haven't seen the cable but it mite be worth looking into if you have a wholesaler around..

RC
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-31-2010 04:18
Good and Cheap? Isn't that what they call a contradiction? I have not bought any but the cable yard as posted looked like a pretty good place, til I check with my lws and found out his cable was cheaper than the cable yard......and he had it in stock, no shipping. My guy said he would price match it too if needed, but like I said, he was already cheaper. Good cable is just gonna cost,
Parent - - By NWPAwelder (**) Date 05-31-2010 14:54
Check www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com They are an ebay store. I am not sure how their prices hold up to the cable yards since I never heard of the cable yard til now. I purchased a 250 foot spool of 1/0 for 422.50 with shipping included in the price back in June of 09. I live in Pa and it did well with the cold temperatures. If I remember right I think it was Excelon or something like that.
Parent - - By JMCInc (**) Date 06-01-2010 12:32
You're fortunate your lws will work with you, C71. I showed mine what I was able to get it for (2.19/ft, free shipping) and they told me to pound sand.

Jon
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 06-01-2010 19:13
I have seen Xcelene and Carol cable both on fleabay from large electrical suppliers go for around $1.70 per foot in short runs (100ft or so).  Hard to find good 1/0 for less then $2 a foot.   Both are good cable inmho.  Same people sometimes sell shorts of 2/0 for $2 a foot.  Watch it for a week or two and you can snag some with shipping included.  I won't even think about getting cable from an LWS, the big electrical suppliers will give you a far better deal.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Good (cheap) welding cable