Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Oil field/rig hands
- - By bruce69 (*) Date 06-09-2010 21:55
I found this ad while searching online for a job.  Having never been around the oil industry I was interested in what some of you who have been thought of this ad?  Personally, my B.S. detector went off.  Sure paints a rosy picture but somehow I bet some of you don't believe this or at least will get a laugh out of it.  Here is the link.  Thanks for reading/replying.

http://www.spotlight247.com/member/job-details.asp?jid=14132
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 06-09-2010 22:19
The pay is about right. The food is good if you know how to cook ! The living Quarters are clean IF you keep them that way. And you do only work six months out of the year. you work 7 days on and 7 days off. Not sure what they are doing in Kansas.
Parent - - By weaver (***) Date 06-09-2010 23:28
your not going to believe this but, alot of my engineer buddys are saying that kansas is the next big play..lol, I have been there it blows..
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 06-09-2010 23:39
I have to agree. That place is not for me
Parent - By bruce69 (*) Date 06-10-2010 00:13
This is probably some of what your buddies are talking about in Kansas.

http://www.transcanada.com/keystone/keystone_pipeline.html
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 06-10-2010 17:10
the work isnt in kansas its in kansas city missouri. Kansas aint so bad the people r nice and the land is flat lol lots of hay fields up there from what i saw
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 06-09-2010 23:50
You reply to them and send a application. They will need $ for processing and $$$ for the guaranteed interview.
There are a lot of opportunities in the patch. North Dakota is booming. There is a need for a lot of field workers in LA, east TX and here in Gods Country.
All you have to do is show up, have a lunch bucket, steel toe shoes and be able to pass a pee test. Here in GC these hands start $11 to $13 per no sub, no man camp.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Oil field/rig hands