Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Thanks for the Birthday Wishes
- By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-12-2010 22:26
Got several Birthday Wishes last week from many of you guys in PMs. 

Thought I would take a moment and give an update as to why my visits here have been a little spotty lately. 

My parents were down here visiting us in AZ from the family farm in OR.  Dad will be 80 a little later and Mom turned 77 the day before my bday.  We have been spending as much time with them as possible.  Took them up the Grand Canyon Railway on my Bday, for Mom's Bday and soon coming Father's Day.  Had a great time. 

While we were celebrating bday's another relative who lives close to us here died from cancer.  Had to go to Phoenix for funeral on Tuesday while juggling my parents departure for home and some out of state inspections jobs that needed all kinds of paperwork and all fell through.

But we have picked up lots of work in the local area both in the shop and in inspections which had to be dealt with by hiring some help since my eldest son no longer works or lives here with us and the younger boys all got jobs doing more what they want in life.  No more a family shop.  Just another welding shop with employees. 

Hopefully I can slow down and get back to a level life instead of hyper drive.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Thanks for the Birthday Wishes