Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / State rivalries......
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-04-2010 13:42
Copper wire:

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, New York Scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years

and came to the conclusion, that their ancestors already had a
telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a California archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story in the LA Times read: "California archaeologists, finding of 200 year old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers".

One week later. A local newspaper in Missouri reported the following:
"After digging as deep as 30 feet in his pasture near Salem,
Missouri, Old Bill Jadwin a self-taught archaeologist, reported
that he found absolutely nothing. Old Bill Jadwin has therefore
concluded that 300 years ago, Missouri had already gone wireless".
Parent - By waccobird (****) Date 08-04-2010 14:42
John
I about gave up on it but the last line made it all worth while.
Thanks
Marshall
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-04-2010 16:53
I love it.  :-)
There are some dumba$$es in Missouri that probably believe that.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 08-04-2010 18:57
You really should not be so quick with "dumba$$es" there Bryon. You may prove your self to be of the same ilk.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-05-2010 17:30
Unfortunatly NO.  Would the end of this joke not be considered a "dumba$$"?  I know of dumba$$es in Missouri that would think this story to be realistic.  Therefore a dumba$$.
Parent - - By waccobird (****) Date 08-05-2010 17:59
Bryon
There everywhere there everywhere.
Hope all is going well
Marshall
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-05-2010 20:00
3:00 and all is well.  LOL
Parent - - By 522029 (***) Date 08-05-2010 21:33
RonG,

He has already proven that point!

Griff
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-06-2010 14:39
Here you mother fuc*kers go again.  I've taken a slight hiatus from the games here.  Now I come back for a small laugh not talkin' sh*t and you bit**hes start it up already.  For grown a$$ men there are sure some puck a$$ little girls in this playground.

Perhaps I'll resume my hiatus.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-06-2010 15:10
Maybe you burned your bridges...

Some folks may not have forgotten your terrible behavior.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-06-2010 16:14
My behavior is only in question when I don't agree with others.  I don't really care.  Bridges to nowhere.  It's all good.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-06-2010 17:11
Has nothing to do with agreeing with others...  It's rudeness and lack of conduct that most people judge to be civilized.

Go review a few of your posts.  You would never brook being treated the way you treat others..  Simple as that.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-06-2010 17:46
I never said I was civilized just far more intelligent than a good portion of the goobers in here.  I don't know why I came back.  Not to worry, I won't be back.  I'm too good to bother with a bunch of idots.  Bye
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 08-07-2010 03:33
I guess you will never know that I was only trying to eplain an old proverb that says "Tis better to remain silient and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt"

I only did so because acording to you, you are the shapest knife in the drawer and I was just letting you know the only one you ever manage to cut up is your self.

By the way Bryon check the spelling of "I came, I saw, I conqured". I may be wrong (usally am) but I have never seen it spelled that way. You are Latin, arent you? I guess you would know better than me if you are.

What am I saying??? You are not here any more are you????? Bryon???? Bet if I call you Byron again you'll respond. Well best of every thing to you Bryon---- you will be missed. Bye.........:-(.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 08-07-2010 15:19
Bryon,
  It is a shame that we will not be able to benefit from your expertise and knowledge of welding in the forum anymore. Yes indeed, such a shame. What is this, the third or fourth time you have sacked your marbles up and stomped off? Oh well, bye.... Again. :-)

jrw159
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-14-2010 20:30 Edited 08-14-2010 20:46
Bryon,

"just far more intelligent than a good portion of the goobers in here"

Wow, is that what they refer to as full of oneself? Can you tell me how to adjust the valve lash on a Ford FE engine? Or perhaps the flow and at which state refrigerant is throughout the entire cycle in an automotive air conditioning system? Maybe you can explain to me how to do case halve seals on a 2003 Cadillac DeVille? Or perhaps help me figure out a battery draw on a 2003 Cadillac Escalade? Also need to know the head bolt torque on a 3204? If my lines coming out of my condensor are cold what is that telling me? I figure since you know so much I might get some answers to some things I've been needing help with.

You may know what you know but you don't know everything.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-16-2010 14:21
I don't drive Fords or Cadillacs.  If I did I would take it to a mechanic.  I hate working on cars.  My hands are too big.  :-)
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 08-16-2010 16:23
Hah, hah, oh the irony ......"My hands are too big". If we were able to speak to you aloud, one might say the same about another part of your anatomy (above the shoulders).

Pray tell Bryon; Do you even have a drivers licenses?
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-17-2010 18:37
And below the waste.  :-)
Yeah I have driver's licenses.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 08-17-2010 18:44
Are you trying to tell us you have a big behind Bryon?
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-17-2010 21:32
Yep.  :-)
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-17-2010 13:04
We've got one thing in common Bryon, I hate working on cars too!!
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-17-2010 18:38
It's not that I hate working on cars. Rather, Murphy's Law settles in and a 2 hour job turns into 2 days.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-18-2010 01:33
Been there done that. Did wheel bearings my rig and nobody knew anything about the rear diff. It's a hybrid dana 80. Has a dana 80 chunk and dana 70 spindles. I'd say dana 80 and the wheel bearings would not fit. Had it all apart waiting on parts and put it back together to try and find right parts. That took several days! Got to be like Nascar for pit stops, rear wheel bearings and seals in two hours start to finish!
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-16-2010 14:25
You know I'll never truly leave.  I'm needed around here.  If for nothing else just to piss everybody off from time to time.  It relieves daily stress to be pissed off by a stranger than someone close to you.  It's theraputic.  Have a blessed day.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 08-16-2010 14:41
Laughter is also a good therapeutic stress reliever. Be it laughing at a joke or at someone who is a joke. Thanks for the laughs. :-)

jrw159
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / State rivalries......