Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Watch a bunch of Tig Filler get consumed in about 2 min.
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-10-2010 11:38 Edited 08-10-2010 11:42
A guy in our car club has been contracted to rebuild a Trophy Truck and this is a video of him welding up the fabricated rear end for it.
(turn the sound down if you don't like metal ringing in your ears....LOL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAAismPUWng

some close up pics of the bracketry

Parent - - By 65 Pipeliner (**) Date 08-10-2010 12:39
That's some nice work!!! Where did he get the roller table he had it clamped to?

Chris
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-10-2010 12:55
He builds all of his jigs and tables.
Parent - - By Tyler1970 (***) Date 08-11-2010 00:26
now boys that is a fabircator
Parent - - By mcostello (**) Date 08-13-2010 03:31
Anybody know the group, good song for the days that are rockin.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 08-13-2010 03:56
Pretty sure it is The Offspring, not sure of the title.

jrw159
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-14-2010 20:08
The song's Nitro (Youth Energy) from the Offsprings album Smash, released in 1994.
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 08-15-2010 23:23
For being so much more intelligent than all of us there Byron(ya I know I spell it that way on purpose)... You might want to spell check your signature.
Here I'll do it for you  "VENI VIDI VICI"
The only thing you have conquered is letting everyone here know what a piece of trash you really are.
I thought you said "bye" already???
That’s too bad I was glad you said you were leaving… again!
Parent - - By mcostello (**) Date 08-16-2010 03:23
Thank you. Just hadda know!
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-16-2010 14:19
It's probably my favorite song that they perform.  Most of the other "good songs" they play too much on the radio and has gotten old.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-16-2010 14:18
Sorry my spellcheck doesn't work in Latin.  Piece of trash, huh?  Many months ago I posted a poll to see if I could get ten people that wanted me to go.  Who came forward?  I had many PMs asking me not to leave.  It's so damn boring on here without me and my buddy Henry bi*ching at each other.

Since I'm such a piece of trash, which is so easy and safe to determine in cyberspace, get me ten "PI** offs" from your buddies and I'll go away.  I don't give a damn anyway.
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 08-16-2010 16:10
What is funny is you think it is fine for you to run others down on this site but you can’t take it when someone calls you a name. In my opinion you are a piece of trash and I don't know how others feel. If you chose to play nice, have a little respect for others and actually contribute something worthwhile here I may not feel this way. You are a joke! I don't know how others feel but for me I will tell you that I have no use for you and would like to see you either leave or grow up if you are going to stay. You have a misguided conception that people like to be called names on here. 

"Since I'm such a piece of trash, which is so easy and safe to determine in cyberspace"

If you actually believe what you write then you are a hypocrite!

I will tell you how "I" feel. I don't like you at all. I think you are just an angry little man who takes pleasure in putting others down. So that makes you a piece of trash in my book!
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-17-2010 14:37
Now there is someone who can put down some consistently good welds.  Very nice.  Thanks for the link and pics John.

Wait, WHAT music?  I guess I've been welding too long without my earplugs.  Oh well.  The welds can still be seen even by these old eyes, at least with my glasses on (Too many arcs without my hood on). 

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By devo (***) Date 08-18-2010 13:16
since he's tig welding, isn't it filler rod getting consumed in about 2 min.  I thought the tungsten was the electrode, since it is carrying the current.  Sorry to be such a nitpicky pedantic a**hole, but I was all excited to see some guy welding with no gas or something that would burn up his tungsten.  Instead, I get to see gorgeous GTAW welds, the likes of which i will probably never produce......
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-18-2010 13:53
You are correct....the electrode does not get consumed using Tig....or at least it is not supposed to.

Edit: changed the thread title to something more appropriate.
- By Jenn (***) Date 08-17-2010 14:21
I can't watch the video on my blackberry, but those are some beautiful welds!!! Nice to see them :)
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Watch a bunch of Tig Filler get consumed in about 2 min.