Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / August 2010
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-19-2010 18:12
AN INTERESTING FACT ABOUT AUGUST 2010.

This August has

5 Sundays,

5 Mondays,

5 Tuesdays,

.....all in one month.
It only happens once every 823 years.
I probably will miss it next time
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-19-2010 18:34
You don't plan to be the oldest living person in recorded history?  Several people in the Bible lived to over 900 yrs of age.  Where is your sense of adventure?  Just think of all the things you could pass on to future generations. 

Oh well, I don't think I will hang around that long either.  My wife doesn't even want to wait for 90, the next 800 yrs would be kinda boring without her.  Too hard to get trained by another one after that.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By waccobird (****) Date 08-19-2010 18:42
John
August 2010 has 5 Sundays, 5 Mondays, 5 Tuesdays, all in one month.

Contrary to what you've been hearing on the internet this is not a rare occurrence, and it certainly happens more often than once every 823 years.

This is part of a cycle: In August 2009, there were five Saturdays, five Sundays and five Mondays. August 2010 will have five Mondays, five Tuesdays and five Wednesdays.

The next time we get five Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays in August will be August 2021. Then it will happen again in 2027, and then again 2032.

If you have windows Operating system double click on the time keeper on you screen and bump up the Year and check it out
Take Care
Marshall
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-19-2010 18:44
LOL...thanks for checking into it....I copied an email and took it for legit, I didn't bother to check it out.
Parent - By waccobird (****) Date 08-19-2010 18:56
John
I can't tell you how many times I have been caught up in the internet hoaxes. People just naturally think well I seen it on the internet so it must be real. LoL
I have a couple of friends that have too much free time on their hands and they plaster my inbox's with stuff just like that all the time. I think sometimes they actually start them just to test me.
I got that one @ the end of July.
Marshall
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / August 2010