Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / How stupid am I ?
- - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-02-2010 19:42
Ran over a nest of baby bunny rabbits mowing the lawn today... Nobody hurt.

Ran one down and caught it to show my wife...

Now have bunny and wife snuggling in house.

What was I thinkin.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 08-02-2010 20:06
Lawrence,
  You should have known better! Now you can not even have rabbit stew. I guess you might as well post some pics of the little bugger. LOL

jrw159 :-)
Parent - By TimGary (****) Date 08-02-2010 20:18
Wild baby bunnies have a habit of fainting when they get stressed.
When they faint, their muscles all go lax and their head flops around on their neck like it's trying to fall off.
For all appearances, it looks like it's dead...
If this happens, explain to wife that the bunny just couldn't make it and has gone to bunny heaven. Then take the bunny outside to "bury" it. Just put it under a bush in the shade and it will come to and run off. That way you don't have to buy a cage, food, accessories and clean bunny pellets for the next while until it escapes, or gets eaten by the dog.
You'll have the option of telling the wife, "You shouldn't have squeezed it so hard!" or "What'd you do? Break it's neck?" This will keep said adventures from happening again...

The voice of experience...
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-02-2010 20:47
LOL...you've done it now.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-02-2010 22:38
I found a solution.

Caught two more bunnies...  Can't keep that many.. Can't seperate the family...

She hates keeping animals in cages... 

So they will go out after dusk and try to find mombunny together  :)
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 08-03-2010 02:30
My cat likes bunnies that size, but they are mostly eaten by the time We see them.
Parent - - By Tyler1970 (***) Date 08-03-2010 02:06
LMAO my dad did the same thing about 3 years ago. just cut half of their ears off.
Parent - By Mat (***) Date 08-20-2010 05:36
One shop I worked in had a bunny problem...

They would just casually hop into the side building...I'd see them and chase after them shouting "RAWWWRRRARRRGHHHH!"

It made me feel big...the sad truth....actually I got a lot of strange looks...

The strangest looks being when I chased the french people that were chasing bunnies on company property, off of the property...

Of course, I had a different language set then...and it sure wasn't "Le hop hop!"
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 08-20-2010 22:04
Got not blades on that mower?
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-20-2010 22:07
I do Mike...  Nothin runs like a Deere!

But I had been out of town for a couple of weeks and the grass was so high I set the blades at 4"...  Saving the bunnies.
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 08-20-2010 22:22
Lucky bunny......as you see he still owns hit foot
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 08-21-2010 05:43
About 2 years ago I pulled an entire family out of the return on our swimming pool :0

Then saved a chipmunk that had fallen, poor thing was damned near dead from exhaustion, but I was a hero in my wife's eyes! :)
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / How stupid am I ?