Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / New Rig Yard
1 2 Previous Next  
- - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 08-20-2010 17:30 Edited 08-20-2010 17:37
A New Rig Yard is about to start up Sept 1 . Rig Welders who are interested can call my office @ 870-798-2889 to get on the list or the Welding Bosses are, Daniel Jaso @ 469-628-5559 or John Flinn @ 817-247-6265. Must have 1 millon GL Policy and a Rig. (No Riglets, No air cooled machines). Need RIG BUILDING Experience.  This Yard is located about 2hrs North of Shreveport. We are working 7-12's and will probably be going to 2 shifts on 7-12's
Parent - By tnhnt (***) Date 08-21-2010 00:41
Sounds like a money maker!
Parent - By hojopens3 (**) Date 08-21-2010 01:57
now that's gettin close to home ole boy
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 08-23-2010 03:52
Dwayne,

There are some inspectors out there that are in need of work. If you happen to find out who's got that work, would you be so kind as to post up the info?

Regards,
Gerald
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 08-23-2010 10:22
I hired John West to do all of my inspections
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 08-23-2010 17:32
Getting back on track. How long and how much? I prolly already know but things change all the time. As we all know they do. How big is the yard? Is there room to keep a back up machine incase the runner goes down cause we all know my s&!t brakes down lol.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 08-23-2010 21:58
Yes, you already know, it is a BIG Yard,and Yes we made a special spot for you to keep 3 Trucks and 6 machines for backups. We also removed all light poles withinn a 10 block radius.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 08-24-2010 04:07
Hardy HAR HAR lmao thats a good 1
Parent - - By waccobird (****) Date 08-24-2010 08:58
Shad
I wasn't going to encourage him. But I LMAO.
Marshall
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 08-24-2010 13:55
I'll admit it was a good 1 he got me i opened the doorlmao i can take it and dish it no big deal
Parent - - By rcwelding (***) Date 08-24-2010 14:22
Poor Shad is so tall and so used to looking up to see if something is going to bust him in the head as he walks that he doesn't look down for small things like light poles, 18 wheelers ect...  LOL

RC
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 08-24-2010 14:25
oh you guys just wait your turn is coming lol
Parent - - By rcwelding (***) Date 08-24-2010 14:29
That's what I'm afraid of... What gos around always seems to find a way of coming back around..  LOL

RC
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 08-24-2010 14:48
sooner or later it always comes back lol im patient itll happen lol
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 08-24-2010 14:15
LMAO, you will need to watch for the guy-wires as you come in, can't move those out of the way. :-)

jrw159
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 08-24-2010 14:24
haha smart ass
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 08-24-2010 16:53
He thinks you are kidding !
Parent - By richgar06 (**) Date 08-25-2010 03:00
what kind of accommodations you got for helpers willing to learn..
- - By awspartb (***) Date 08-21-2010 03:09
What a nightmare the welding trades have become.  Work 7-12's like they did in the 1890's providing all your own tools, equipment and insurance.  The only thing missing is the company store and company script you were forced to use to get a job.  Pathetic.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-21-2010 03:24
Wow..  You are a bitter guy.
Parent - - By hillbilly (**) Date 08-21-2010 04:40 Edited 08-23-2010 04:18
If what this trade has become such that it disturbs you so badly, you can always logout and not subject yourself to such madness.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-21-2010 13:45
Exactly. I'd rather work 7-12's, what the heck else am I gonna do hundreds of miles away from home on the "weekends"? Sit around a hotel room or camper watching tv? Get the job done so I can roll up and go home, don't need anything but a shower and a place to plop my head for a few hours.
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 08-21-2010 11:18
I have heard (read) some strange comments on this Forum but that just may be one onr the strangest. Maybe you are not clear on the concept of "Rig Welder".
Would you care explain what you feel is the problem because I don't get it.
Parent - By hojopens3 (**) Date 08-21-2010 13:54
sounds like one of those internet wonders
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 08-21-2010 14:39
Well as a "Matter of Fact", I have arranged for somewhat of a Company Store. I have arranged for the Local Welding Supply to set up a Mini-Supply Store IN MY YARD. The Welders can use anyone they want to. However, I try to make it easy on them. I have arranged for special pricing. Such as Oxygen for $7.00 per Bottle and Rods at around $75.00 per 50 lb can. We buy Victor Contender Torch sets with the NEW Style regulators for $275.00. And Furthermore, I have Aranged for EVERYONE to get Credit. Regardless of your credit history. But I'm sure your company does these things for you as well. I have even arranged for the Local Laundrymat to pick up, Wash, Dry and Fold the Guys Dirty clothes. And they do this twice a week. We will be putting in a few Break Tents with Fans so the guys can get out of the heat. Sorry you feel the trade has come to such a Slave Driving Status. Sounds like you work in $10.00 per hour Sweat Shop.
Parent - By cwf07 (***) Date 08-21-2010 14:49 Edited 08-21-2010 14:52
What is the pay, and how close is RV camps or motels to the job.
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 08-21-2010 15:36
Catus, you darn slave driver,,,, can I come work for you? Just kidding, I couldn't give up my air conditioned office and soft chair but I feel what you just posted is pretty good deal in this day and age.

If the person who made the strange comments is really a welder it will be a suprise to me.
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 08-21-2010 15:53
Cactus, GOOD IDEA on the welding supplies @ the yard !!!!! One of the biggest pains in the arse is running for supplies/ paying for them. # 1 thing I have to do when gearing up for a job is finding a supply shop ( welding, hardware,etc.) and then setting up credit!!!!! And the weld supplier wins also cause he knows you got his back / NOBODY SKIPPIN' OUT on their bill( you worked the job/made the $$$$ now pay the bill !!!) Gotta commend you ,good thinking and planning. Love it when an operation runs smoothly!!!!!!
Parent - By RatherBHuntin (**) Date 08-21-2010 16:43
Man, what's the pay? What's the pay?! I'm ready to roll! What's the best way to get on? Call you or the foremans?
Parent - By Chris2626 (***) Date 08-21-2010 21:30
This sounds pretty dam good to me. Having a supply shack to get what you need and to have someone wash your cloths thats a pretty good deal and a tent to cool down **** sound better then where i'm at plus a ton more money. I like the part of having someone wash your cloths because that always takes time to do. Hey you want to use and abuse me call me up :)
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 08-22-2010 04:38
Damn Cactus, sounds like You are aranging everything except for the booze & whores. I understand Your reasons for not including these too.
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 08-26-2010 06:38 Edited 08-26-2010 06:41
I got the booze and whores. For a minute. Johnny Law has come knocking, and he wont let me refuse the invitation.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 08-26-2010 12:29 Edited 08-26-2010 12:31
Somethin tells me that You may be the Whore for a little while !!!                                              Sorry, I couldn't resist that.   You need to get one of my "No Screwing the Welders" sticker Tattooed on you As* !!
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-22-2010 05:37 Edited 08-22-2010 05:50
Sounds like it will be a pretty slick operation with the store there. I know how it is to not write things down, get to the supply house and then get on the job and say, "oh cr_p! I needed this ______". Sounds like the place would be within walking distance. That's darn cheap for a bottle of gas! Ain't nothing wrong with 7-12's. Talked to a guy on this last job who sat around the hotel room saturday and sunday and was 5-6 hours from home. He said it absolutely sucked sitting around all weekend. We were only two hours from home so we'd leave out friday or saturday(couldn't work on sundays).

Shoot, anybody needs a helper I can be there to get some onsite 'perience. Can sling 300# gerts, grind, cut, forklift operator license, can run a boom lift, read your mind when you raise the hood on what you need next and fetch gatorades like nobody's business!! Break tents? Wow!! That's upscale! 90-100 degrees outside would be cold compared to what I've been working in this last month!! This last guy I worked with started me at $16/hour welding structural after 3 days told me he was bumping me to $20/hour, quickest and biggest raise I ever got. Work hard, work safe, at the end of the job told him I hoped he felt good about paying me what he did, said I was worth every dime. Want his number?
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 08-21-2010 16:59
awspartb
??? WTF??

You are not a newbe. This is a rig welding job. Every person on the project is a freeman and is covered by the freeman rule. If you do a good job, you get paid well. You do a crappy job, you get run off. You are judged strictly by your work.
The majority of people cannot handle this level of responsibility. If they get run off, it is somebody else fault. They are not being treated right. The list of excuses goes on forever.
The men who take this work do NOT want "Security" They have it. In their skills and abilities. I know this scares a lot of people to think this type of person exist. You treat me fair, pay me well and the check cashes, I am satisfied. When the job is over or you do not need my skills, we shake hands and move on, and "See you on the next one"
Us road prostitutes are used to working the 7-12's. In the middle of this recession knocking down $150 to 200K????
Go ahead and treat me like a slave.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-22-2010 05:17
Maybe he suffers from "Bipolar Disorder" or is just plain "whacked out" in the first place... Or is it second place???? Man! Now I'm confused - FUGGEDABOUDIT!!! :) :) ;)

I believe Larry hit the proverbial "Nail right on the Head" with his observation of you know who's consistently "Bitter & Derogatory" comments are bewildering many who wonder why this person even posts sometimes... I mean, just check out his previous posts... In fact, the majority of his posts are - well, go read them and see for oneself. :(

The only suggestion I have for the sick and suffering individual is to find and incorporate some "Gratitude into his Attitude!!! :) :) :)" Hopefully, he'll get the message.

Way to go Dwayne!!! :) :) :) I commend you also in thinking of the big picture, and hope your effort does indeed pay for itself in the long run. ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 08-23-2010 03:50
On a side note Henry, good to see you again. Hope all is well?

I am to the point that I no longer reply directly to bitter or asinine post. For that matter, I'd probably not have gotten into this one but I haven't seen you around much.
Our current project is ramping up to 6 / 7 days depending on position. A person that is working should be glad they are working in these times.
If the unions want to get pissed off about something, how about that boiler built overseas and shipped into Queens.. That I can understand.
At this point in time, with the world as it is, it's time to fight back in my opinion; do whatever it takes to get that work onto our shores. The crap can be sorted later.
In all it's a Unit or suffer for everyone in the country, not for one specific hall or craft. Thats my opinion of it for whatever it's worth.

I've worked a lot better gigs than what I am on, but I do remember doing real work like digging ditches by hand. It's all in a person perspective. Sometimes all a person needs is a little change in perspective to set them straight.

Regards,
Gerald
Parent - By Mat (***) Date 08-24-2010 02:30
I concur with this CWI555, "A person that is working should be glad they are working in these times."

Any hours a person can get will beat hours spent on EI any day, union or non!
Parent - - By fitter (**) Date 08-22-2010 15:52
Why are you even on this site? You piss and moan about everything ,you say there's no work, then someone offers 7 12's for 3 or 4  months with great conditions and you still piss and moan. I'll tell you this once again, if you put as much effort into finding a job as you do *****ing about everything you would be alot better off.TIMES ARE SLOW, either suck it up or go to work at wall-mart or something.Christ, will you please stop your *****ing
Parent - - By up-ten (***) Date 08-22-2010 20:52
Too bad how this post went sideways so fast. Initial poster nicely letting all know about upcoming work. Becoming so typical here on AWS.
Parent - - By commonarc (**) Date 08-22-2010 22:17 Edited 08-23-2010 00:24
Yes it has and Henry isn't helping. Nice to see old crazy Henry ssbn727  is still around acting like the idiot jackas* that he is.
Henry is so insane that he proudly declares his life long membership as a Union Boilermaker while encouraging boilermakers to work non-union.
I'm sure the boys at the Pittsburgh union hall (very nasty bunch) would approve Henry.
Henry is a mental defective and he obviously suffers from schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.  I pray he gets the help he needs.    

Respectfully,
Steven
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-23-2010 00:26
Respectfully?   

Really Steven.

I like and respect Henry.. Warts and all..

You should too.. but that's your call.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-23-2010 04:47 Edited 08-23-2010 05:16
Gee! Too bad you think the way you do Steve... However, I will pray for you to find the help you really need son. ;) Btw, do you always embellish other folks comments in here the way you do mine??? maybe your true calling should be getting into political spin doctoring because you're aces in my book covering that department...

I take it you're now a mental health professional also who can diagnose anyone's mental health on the fly and must be taken seriously with your observation...
And I have bridge to sell you real cheap in Pittsburgh!!! :) :) ;) Very impressive!!! Except for one small detail... It's your Doctor's own diagnosis which refers to you - steve...
"Denial is NOT a river in Egypt." ;)

So, "Nisht gefidlt! ;)"

Have a nice day steve. ;)

Henry
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 08-23-2010 17:36
awspartb    Seems to me you ain't worked in many rig yards or on anything that that has a deadline for that matter. Have worked 12's 14's 16's 24's and 48's yes strait because the job had to get done by a certain time and i never *****ed about nothing. Just kept going and then upon leaving almost home and the phone rings its the same guy from the same job asking man we missed something can you come back and turn around and head back and do it again. If you cant handle the heat stay out of the kitchen and quit your belly aching and just stay home and away from us
- - By Johnny Walker (***) Date 08-23-2010 01:58
7/12's my prayers are answered
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 08-23-2010 17:13
ok

Can we just steer this back in the direction of Cactus gathering up hands for the job.
Parent - - By RUSSELL (**) Date 08-24-2010 19:10
Wish my arm wasnt broke.Hell I'd love to have the opportunity to have a job like that in this day & time.
Parent - - By Johnny Walker (***) Date 08-24-2010 19:51
I'm on the list ready to go waitin on your call. Show me the money!
Parent - - By daryl morgan (*) Date 08-25-2010 02:29
hey johnny walker, are you from blossom?
Parent - - By Johnny Walker (***) Date 08-25-2010 03:44
Born in Tyler,Tx raised in Sulphur Springs,Tx moved to arkansas 10 yrs ago
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / New Rig Yard
1 2 Previous Next