Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Heavy drinkers live longer?
- - By jon20013 (*****) Date 09-01-2010 03:01
I saw this posting on MSN, unfortunately its just so much garbage, cant get to read the original posting unless you buy a subscription to some medical website but I love the concept.... Heavy drinkers live longer?  and I'm telling my wife thats just the way it is! :) :) :)
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 09-01-2010 03:15
Do You suppose they mean fat guys? Or just those who drink a lot? :-)
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 09-01-2010 03:22
I'm hoping it means BOTH!!!!  Yep, thats my story and I'm sticking to it!!!  Gym???  Naw, I see too many professional athletes falling over dead from this or that!  TV / music and a few drinks, good for lowering stresses!
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 09-02-2010 02:43
My cousin died at age 42 in the locker room right after a workout at a gym. He ate right, didn't drink or smoke and did generally all the right stuff.

You can't get Me to go to a gym...
Parent - - By OBEWAN (***) Date 09-02-2010 03:30
I had a friend who died at age 30 in his sleep from a brain hemmorage.  He was a nuclear reactor officer in the navy, working on his MBA at RPI at the same time, and very active in community service.  Excellent health too with no warning.  Always played basketball.  The weird part was that I took his place at the shared bachelor pad house with my friends.  They would tell me every night not to die in my sleep!  It sort of creeped me out.
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 09-02-2010 03:35
Yeah, well I suppose there's lots to be said about eating right, working out and all that stuff and admire the idiots that do it religiously, its just not me.  When your number is up, thats it so live it large while we're here! :)
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Heavy drinkers live longer?