Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Weld Inspector Training
- - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 10-06-2010 22:58
An Indian walks into a cafe with a shotgun in one hand and a bucket of
buffalo **** in the other. He says to the waiter, "Me want coffee". The
waiter says, "Sure chief, coming right up."

He gets the Indian a tall mug of coffee, and the Indian drinks it down in
one gulp, picks up the bucket of ****, throws it into the air, blasts it
with the shotgun and then walks out.

The next morning the Indian returns. He has a shotgun in one hand and a
bucket of **** in the other. He walks up to the counter and says to the
waiter, "Me want coffee."

The waiter says, "Whoa, Tonto. We're still cleaning up your mess from the
last time you were here. What the heck was all that about, anyway?"

The Indian says, " Me in training for Welding Inspectors job, drink
coffee, shoot the sh*t, and disappear for rest of day."
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 10-07-2010 02:08
I resent that!
We show up around 11:20 in case someone is buying lunch.
You always look for a mullet.
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 10-08-2010 02:05
d bigk, Is this standard practice w/inspectors????? Had one on last job!! ( replacing clip angles that were tearing,rusted away, or rusted bolts @ connections) Anyway the "engineer of record" on this parking structure, at the preconstruction meeting says to the owner " I recommend you hire an inspector to review all repairs". I figure no problem takes a little bit of work off of me ( watchin' the ironworkers do, what they were hired to do) Anyway the 1st day on the job my pusher calls says " inspector holding up guys a little too much BSing" . Next day I show up bright & early , no inspector till about 9:15, real happy to see me wants to know " Am I taking him to lunch??" Ok as long as he doesn't B.S. with my labor .($$$$$$$)  Anyway owner stopped in a couple times during week, NEVER sees inspector on job, get message from engineer, need to talk w/ inspector. Oh /Oh Ends up engineer wants all his reports for that week, END OF DAY FRIDAY. Next week, no inspector shows for rest of job (5 WEEKS) NEVER SEE INSPECTOR AGAIN !!!!!!!
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 10-09-2010 00:40
Someone needs to talk to that inspector. Someone buys lunch then you don't show back up??
My rule is guy that signs invoice is the one I buy lunch for. The rest are mullets.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Weld Inspector Training