Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Conect Whip
- - By okie (*) Date 10-30-2010 14:30
Could, Anyone tell the best way to conect stinger whip to cable without using quick conect any help. Thanks
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 10-30-2010 18:37
A piece of 1/2 inch diameter copper tubing, 1 1/2 inches in length and a big rock.

If you are hooking into different machines, you might consider attaching a heavy copper lug to the end of your whip lead so you can simply place the lug into the jaws of the electrode holder that is already attached to the end of the electrode cable.

You could strip back the rubber insulation and tie a knot between the two copper welding leads.

Sorry, I'm not trying to insult your intellegence, but without you providing some background as to what and why you are asking, this question sounds rather silly.

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 10-30-2010 22:57
Duct Tape ?
Parent - - By Johnny Walker (***) Date 10-31-2010 00:39
Strip both ends back bout 6 inches divid them into parts bout 7 i think then twist each part together longways when u get them all done get a skid lay it on the skid put your foot on it and roll till it's all together then take heat shrink tube slide over your splice and heat till insulated it's called a long splice I believe it works good.
Parent - By J Hall (***) Date 10-31-2010 11:38
I have seen those years ago and they really looked good. I never got to see anyone actually make a splice like that though.  Been so long I forgot all about them.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-31-2010 04:37
The best way I can think of is to join the ends with a Thomas & Betts or similar butt connector crimped with a terminal crimper, covered with shrink tube. If You want a short smooth joint, use an oversize connector that will handel the wires side by side and decrease the crimp die size 'till it gets really tight.

Or just use copper pipe and a rock as suggested, it's so easy a cave man could do it.
Parent - - By okie (*) Date 10-31-2010 14:01
Thanks, for the advice i have heard of wraping it or weave together i will try that.Thanks,
Parent - By Johnny Walker (***) Date 10-31-2010 16:53
It's a long splice
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Conect Whip