Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / 1951 SA200 Shorthood ***Parts***Parts***Parts***
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 11-13-2010 19:53
So, I'm getting a new machine and have this ol' gal sitting in the shop like a Waffle house hash brown, scattered, smothered, covered. I've got two engines but one is staying as it is a 163 in good shape.

I have a complete machine with all the components that were on it when I picked it up. The hood is ok, a good set of body shop hands could work out the dings. The radiator cover is in good shape except a bit of a ding on top near where the radiator neck is. Frame is in good shape. I do not have the dome cover and the other cover is ok. The round band is good but the center has a spot where the rust has ate threw. The engine, F162 and has been soaking in diesel, wd40 and anything else I can pour in the cylinders to try and break her loose. Have not tried recently but figure this block would need the works, bored or even sleeved to revive her back to her earlier glory. I have the gov, mag, and possibly a rebuilt starter but I am gonna hold that until I check and see what the difference is between it and my new machine. If it don't work on the new machine I will sell it. Rebuilt by the guy I originally bought the machine from. He had a business rebuilding starters, alts, generators so he fixed me up before I left. I have the cylinder head, pan, fan, pullies, etc. The radiator is shot, no need in wasting money asking a radiator shop, this one is destin for the scrap pile. I have the flywheel, back plate and of course all of the generator components. I'll be taking the exciter armature up to a shop Tuesday to have them check it out and if it's any count clean it up and it will be for sale. As far as coils, I'm gonna have to dig them out and check them out with the meter. All this stuff must go, crazy Shawn's 51' SA200 mega blowout clean out my shop sale is on!!

I'll be working on getting some pictures. As far as pricing goes, make me a fair offer. I've seen prices for stuff on here so I have an idea so don't rip me off and I won't rip you off. Everything that can will ship USPS priority mail, other stuff that can go UPS will and if a freight truck is needed that's your baby. Local pickup is good if your in my neck of the woods. You can email me at skelly@klbwelding.com just make sure you mention 51' shorthood or I might delete it. If you prefer a conversation, call me at (931)446-0433. I'm up early and try to make it past 8 before I fall asleep....sometimes it works.

Shawn
Parent - - By Martin G (**) Date 11-14-2010 02:51
where are you located
Parent - By hillbilly (**) Date 11-14-2010 06:21
He's in southern middle tn.
Will you part with just the frame, ifso let me know what you got in mind for it.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 11-14-2010 17:35 Edited 11-14-2010 19:19
Serial number for this machine, A254269, Code # 1903.

Also, gas tank is dented in the bottom, not sure how they managed to do that but they did. Seems to still hold liquid without leaking though, might end up following the radiator.

Threw a couple things on ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200543524660&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200543532152&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / 1951 SA200 Shorthood ***Parts***Parts***Parts***