Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Codes at cheep prices
- - By dschlotz (***) Date 11-20-2010 20:00
I just looked up D1.1 2010 for download and found it for $125. D1.3 @ less than $50. Is this legit?     www.engineerkingdom.com
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-20-2010 23:21
From info available it appears this is an overseas, CHINA, outfit that is more than likely selling pirated material.  They may have bought a legal copy but are selling it illegally.

You may actually get a copy if you send your banking info, MISTAKE, but it is more than likely not a LEGITIMATE deal.  And watch out for viruses.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
- - By dschlotz (***) Date 11-22-2010 00:05
It looked too good to be true and I asked the question more to find out for sure and expose a crook. These days you just never know where the enemy will attack your bank book or your integrity.

Thank you
Dennis
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-22-2010 15:21
For others looking here, see this thread also under 'D1 Questions' under 'engineeringkingdom.com' thread title.

Others have given some pretty good reasons and background for not ordering through this company.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 11-22-2010 20:09
Apart from moral considerations (is it a mortal sin to buy a pirate version of the standard?) there's another, practical one.
When you buy a standard from its publisher (either AWS, ASTM, ASME etc. etc.) you know that you're buying an updated one, with no mistakes contained in it. When you buy the standard from a non authorized seller, would you put your hand into the fire that it's an updated version with no mistakes contained?
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - By Skaggydog (**) Date 11-23-2010 00:40
It sounds to me like OP is talking of a copy of D1.1 2010, not a rewrite.  I would guess copies could be had even much cheaper than $125 if you know someone.  I heard of a printing place selling copies to students for $50.  A copy should be nice for your own edification but you won't get far as a shop showing it to The City of Los Angles or AISC.  I don't think it would fly at your AWS CWI test ether.
- By 99205 (***) Date 11-23-2010 04:58
That company is a Chinese Company.  It also has some bad mojo attached to it.  Just look at this link. 
http://rss.uribl.com/nic/JIANGSU_BANGNING_SCIENCE_TECHNOLOGY_CO_LTD.html
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Codes at cheep prices