Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / travel time
- - By weaver (***) Date 11-15-2010 01:37
so are you guys charging travel time to and from the job?, The reason I ask is I have a flat rate for wellheads.. just wondering what everyone else is doing
Parent - - By NMWELDING (**) Date 11-16-2010 10:28
I charge to and from the job but don`t have a flat rate for doing a wellhead. When I heard about a flat rate for wellheads I asked a rig welder I know real well here in Michigan if he ever charged that way and he said no. I don`t know if that was just his policy or if that is the way it is done in Michigan.He kind of sounded like if it was done this way it could be the end of any calls for wellhead work.I know I never heard of it in my 27+ years of rig welding. Maybe up north where you are from [Weaver]in northern Michigan it might be done that way I don`t know. The welder I asked is retired now be he was very well known,liked,asked for and sought after to do drilling rig throughout the state,kind of like Cactusthewelder is down in the southern U.S.But anyway I always charged to and from the job.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 11-17-2010 15:02
If its ranch or fram work no if its a drilling rig or something of the kind yes also charge a 4 hr minimum and they know it before i leave
Parent - By slagline 3 (**) Date 11-21-2010 21:22
Don't leave any money on the table. Once you start giving yourself away they will come to expext it. When you look at the day rates on these rigs, your cost is insignificant.
- By Dualie (***) Date 11-22-2010 01:26
From the time i hit the key to leave, to the time i shut her down when im home its all the same rate
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / travel time