Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Introducing.....my new rig
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 11-23-2010 00:09 Edited 11-23-2010 00:27
Well, I did it. Lot's O' money later and I've grown up, hehehe. Gonna get some new cable reels from Bill's at one point but money went quicker than I expected. Wife said something about needing money to keep the house??? What's with that?? LoL!! Anyhow, got everything moved around and discovered that my first oil change will be interesting. There will be a new hole in the bed for that one. The next thing is building a new bed. This is one I got is just to darn heavy, all 4" channel underneath, to high, headache rack that I don't need with lights on it you can't see and diamond plate all over that I absolutely hate. Then you have the "hoosier pole that is now inoperable, gonna have to dig on here to find out sizes of pipe to do a move, but heat is gone for now. I've also learned why Cactus has his gooseneck ball set back so far and learned what a "big frame" welder is, but that's a longer story. Finally, I have to say Thank You to Kevin and John at Stumpf's Welding!! Great couple of guys and they really went the extra mile and I cannot thank them enough. Anyhow, first pic is the before.
Parent - By strother (***) Date 11-23-2010 00:50
LOOKS GOOD!
Parent - By J Hall (***) Date 11-23-2010 01:09
Now you're cookin'. A rig you can work off, and put the final touches on as you go. You are gonna love that machine too.
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 11-23-2010 02:31
Looks great Shawn! I sure do miss my SA250! You will love that machine.
- By ronnie taylor (**) Date 11-23-2010 00:24
Hell yeah!! VERY NICE Shawn!!!!!
- - By Rig Hand (***) Date 11-23-2010 02:25
Lock up your daughters and lock up your wives, the man is back in town.

You'll like that 250, they're good machines.
If you don't like it I trade ya a vantage for it...... I can already hear cactus.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 11-23-2010 02:50
I love how it sounds, push the button, grrrrrrr.....then idle's down. I don't know what I'll do, I can have a conversation next to my truck with it running on high idle without YELLING TO EVERYBODY!! LoL!! Had to get an extra sticker from Stumpf, "Miller Killer", always wanted one but didn't think on a Ranger 8 it would have held up!! I need some work now, I'm dying to weld all day with this thing!
Parent - By Rig Hand (***) Date 11-23-2010 03:24
MINES PRETTY LOUD!!! and proud. She sha sha shakes a little too. Its got a personality just like my old lady. lucky me :)
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 11-23-2010 03:29
Cummins, Nice work, still have my 250 that I started with in business in 1982, runs good have made ALOT of money w/it!!!! Have bought other Lincolns & even a Miller 350 Pro ( I'm using now), have sold all other machines EXCEPT the 250 , when business picks up I'm gonna' have Kaye at Bills do a total rebuild . Not a better DC machine ever built!!!!! From: Pittsburgh home of the STILLERS' & Pens
Parent - - By HillbillyWelder (**) Date 11-23-2010 11:42
Hey looks damn nice, I thought you were gettin a 200, a 250 is nice too. A lil to late now but for future reference there is a place online called industrial ladder, sumner hi-jack fold-a-jacks are $72 a piece and tool boxes are cheap, check out the shipping part, if they have a wharehouse in your state most likely shipping is free
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 11-23-2010 12:04
I had the 51' shorthood but time to repair and get it ready vs buying this one worked better. Plus I wanted the auxilllary power instead of installing an inverter on a 200. Didn't want to worry about finding dc tools, burning up battery chargers for milwaukee tools that I use frequently and I can run my little mig off of this, so this was a better package for what I do. I'll have to look at them. I've been wanting another set of jacks, fold up especially. Going to need 2 more so I can build the bed. Thanks for the info!
Parent - By HillbillyWelder (**) Date 11-23-2010 14:39
No prob.... trying to sell my toolmaker tools so I can get a lil ahead
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Introducing.....my new rig