Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Looking for Work
- - By txwelder (*) Date 11-17-2010 22:08
Anybody know of any rig work or pipeline inspector jobs going on? Sure is slow!
Parent - - By low_hydrogen (**) Date 11-17-2010 22:10
where you located?
Parent - - By txwelder (*) Date 11-17-2010 22:18
Located in Corsicana, Texas, but willing to travel if the job is a good one and the money's right.
Parent - - By stanantonio Date 11-18-2010 01:10
Im in corsicana right now
We should catch a beer.
Parent - - By txwelder (*) Date 11-18-2010 13:56
So are you working here? I heard there was some work suppose to be kicking off down around San Antonio and further South.  Just not sure for who or when.
Parent - - By commonarc (**) Date 11-18-2010 16:31
There's a federal prevailing wage job on the Louisiana flood gates starting up near Houston.  I understand they are looking for rig welders.
Parent - - By txwelder (*) Date 11-18-2010 17:48
okay, thanks.  I'll check on it.
Parent - - By awspartb (***) Date 11-20-2010 02:29
HOT job startin up around Houston area.  Government job making flood gates for Louisiana.  Prevailing wage scale for you and your helpers.
sounds like a real moneymaker.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-21-2010 21:05
I always knew that Most Boilermakers never knew what they were talking about. And you prove it every time you post something
Parent - - By awspartb (***) Date 11-23-2010 02:33 Edited 11-23-2010 02:37
Hey Cactus!  Does this mean your Federal Prevailing wage job, the one where you were reqruiting Rig welders for earlier, the Federal Prevailing Wage Louisiana Flood gate project being built near Houston?  You no longer need Rig welders and helpers?  I bet that filled up fast, being a Federal Prevailing wage pay scale job for all Rig welders and Helpers that is.  Those jobs don't come up often and you never see them reqruiting on a welding forum, that's for sure.  The economy being what it is and all.  Federal prevailing wage, long term rig welding jobs on the Federal Prevailing Wage Louisiana Flood gate project reqruiting on an AWS message board??  You must be one heck of a guy giving us first chance on this moneymaker!  Many thanks.  I'd call that a once in a lifetime job and something you'd want on your resume for sure.  What was that payscale?  The Federal Prevailing Wage payscale for all welders, pipefitters, ironworkers, helpers, laborers, toilet cleaners, security guards,  truck drivers, etc?  Just curious in case any openings exist.  I know......the person 'most capable' gets hired but at what rate and job title?  You deleted your previous post where you were reqruiting rig welders for this massive Federal Prevailing Wage job.  I assume you found all the help you need?  Thanks and please let us know if this job has been filled.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-23-2010 03:44
First off. You need to get your facts right. Second. I posted MANY times that we are WAY ABOVE prevailing wage for the region. I type this as I am filling out Certified Payroll for the Job I am doing now. And just like I did for the TXDOT jobs I have posted on here previously. No One ever said I was recruiting anyone. I have plenty of contacts to do that without a Forum of people unknown to me. Stanantonio said it best when he posted " You couldn't handle the paychecks we receive."  Ever wonder why you are Part "B" instead of Part "A" . Remember this. Second Place is the First Loser. Loser
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 11-23-2010 03:47
Cactus, What did you do to this guy?????? He seems to have a very "BIG HARD @#" for you !!!!! Did he bust a test trying to get on one of your jobs?????? Pittsburgh home of the STILLERS' and PENS
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-23-2010 03:49
I think he is a Unemployed Boilermaker from Up North Somewhere who THINKS he knows the rules. And he THINKS I don't. I sure wish I would have consulted him 20 years ago when I started out.
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 11-23-2010 03:57
Cactus, To me it looks like work in general is to difficult for him to do steadily, so "RUNNIN' a BUSINESS" just totally blows his mind !!!!!! ( I guess jealous somebody else can) This business (welding) has many different facets to it, you just have to be ambitious and find your niche!!!!! Pittsburgh home of the STILERS' andf PENS!!!!!
Parent - - By stanantonio Date 11-19-2010 01:33
Staying over here at the bestwestern doing a pumpstation over by frost.
Parent - - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 11-19-2010 02:38
I work in corsicana mon thru thursday at Corsicana Technologies.  Some thursdays we have a thursty thursday at Roy's Back Porch in downtown.  $1 drafts till 7 then they go to $1.75 after that. 

I also meet some rig welders down here that are working in a pre fab shop in the area.  Doing some work for a gas company.
Parent - - By stanantonio Date 11-19-2010 03:18
Call me the both of you Jeremy and Txwelder. 580 761 1877. We should definetly grab a beer.  I love meeting friends of aws that I've known for years on here and then getting to meet them in person. About a month ago I met Cactus at his house while working close to him in tyler. Wont be here to much longer after thanksgiving. So we should catch up.
Parent - By stanantonio Date 11-19-2010 03:24
Also just found out I have met Aws member Weaver.  I met him in North Dakota before I even put two and two together that it was both the same person.
Parent - By cdrawls (*) Date 11-22-2010 17:07
Who is the contractor for the pumpstation? That's the kind of job I have been looking for. Have worked on three pump stations, last one lasted a year in Ohio. Need a job bad.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Looking for Work