Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / time to hit it!
- - By rick harnish (***) Date 12-10-2010 16:11
Hey ya'll! After spending 50 days in a Nebraska slammer, I am back and ready to take on the world!
Got a week of home time in. Getting the truck in order, and looking forward to making sparks!
Jail truly sucked. But the lesson is finally learned. If you drink, dont drive, do the watermelon crawl!!
Looking forward to seeing my next jobsite! Maybe I will see some of you there.
Glad to be back, and hope everyone is doing well. Ya'll take care.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-12-2010 21:41 Edited 12-12-2010 21:48
Rick, Post a Picture and show everyone your Tramp Stamp ! I'll bet when you get here you are walkin funny ! Damn this is gonna be fun. I had this guy from Nebraska call me looking for a Helpers job. His name is "Big Bubba" Acted like he knew you fairly well. Said he misses, you and wants to work with you.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-14-2010 01:50
Please dont put me with rick when i get there. I dont have any soap on a rope and well i'd be affraid to bend over in front of him with my hood down.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-14-2010 01:58
You know Shad, I remember a time when all it took to distract Rick was a Beer, NOW look what I have to worry about with him !
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 12-14-2010 02:13
Cactus, Anybody that got a criminal record AND is a cowboys fan is unemployable in my book !!!!!! And being a" little lite in the loafers" while thats part of being a WOWBOY fan. Hey Rick hopefully you "got your mind right" inside and your ready to GO BACK TO WORK , could be worse, could of been sentenced to work now in W. PA. ( snowing nonstop, 5* above w/ the breeze !!!! Glad your out , give Cactus something to Bit@# about !!!!! Pittsburgh home of dem' STILERS'
Parent - By rick harnish (***) Date 12-14-2010 17:40 Edited 12-14-2010 17:42
Yessir, I am READY!! Not for Pennsylvania, though. Already got people trying to coax me up there. Im thinking misery loves company in that situation! They can keep North Dakota for that matter, as well. ( now that I said that I will likely be there in a week! LOL!)
Its been rough being a Cowboys fan this year. Lots of talent, few wins. Cant complain much about the last few games with our new head coach. The Longhorns were rotten this year too. But we beat dang ol NEBRASKA one last time!!! WOO HOO!!!!
In any case, Im glad all of that is behind me and look forward to something like normal life again.
Cant change all of this, or it would have already been changed. But maybe, if I dont wear Cowboys stuff on the jobsite, I will still be employable! LOL!!
And Im sure I will still be able to figure out how to keep Cactus b*t*hing about something! Gotta stay entertained somehow!:)
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-14-2010 03:40
at least we know our ber will be safe now but yeah i know what ya mean
Parent - By rick harnish (***) Date 12-14-2010 17:48
ROTF....wait a minute. I think my feelings are hurt. LOL!!!!!
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-14-2010 02:00
Debbie says you are safe.He couldn't reach you anyway.........................Then she remembered about a 5 gallon Bucket
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-14-2010 03:41
HAHA Debbie not funny lol
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 12-16-2010 02:44
Watch it Shad, Debbie is the only one with a real set of balls. Watch what you put down for an emergency contact (IE someone to contact in the event of an on the job emergency).

jrw159 :-)
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-16-2010 13:49
What is that suppose to mean
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-17-2010 18:17 Edited 12-17-2010 21:47
It means that the Troll came out from under the Bridge to try and stir something up, AGAIN. Never seems to work for him though. Lessson to Trolls, Just because YOU have a Problem, Doesn't mean everyone does !
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 12-17-2010 18:33
We will see if you run your mouth like that to my face you little biatch. LOL You better hope your wife is there to save your little ass.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-17-2010 21:04 Edited 12-17-2010 21:16
Look Troll. You have my Home Address, ( I'm not sure what Hotel you live in this week) You have had my work schedule. You never show up. So...............best I can figure is that you are so Butthurt, that your case of Diarhea has taken over your mouth. Enough with your online threats and Keyboard Bad Boy Bullsh*t. If you have a problem then grow a pair. You know where I am. And another thing. The people you are typeing to are VERY good freinds of mine. I can't wait to see how far that gets you. Don't you have some cookies to go bake in a tree or something ?
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 12-18-2010 04:41
Your always conveniently unavailable. You can only run for so long and then you run out of road.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-18-2010 05:59
Unavailible ? Not hardly! I have at least 10 to 20 welders come and talk with me every day. They have no trouble finding me. Ok .... Next excuse ?
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-17-2010 21:51
My LITTLE As* ? Did you forget that although I am not as tall as Shad, You had to look up to me ? Not to mention, My arms are the size of your legs and I have about 50 lbs on you. Remember, I work for a living. I dont walk around with a clipboard in my hand sweating out my Beer from the night before.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 12-18-2010 04:44
Look up to you?! NOT HARDLY you sawed off Jefferson Davis Hogg looking puke. :-)

As for the 50lbs. I am not concerned with fat.

Work for a living? I have seen your "work".... not impressed.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-18-2010 06:05
Let's see, you weren't impressed with my work. And that matters why? You seem to forget. With my position, I don't need to impress you. You need to impress me! And that didn't happen. And the way you act, you will never get the chance to try it again. Face it John, your just a born loser and you prove it with every post.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 12-18-2010 06:16
Never get the chance again? HA... I dont make a habit of asking for a second helping of bullchit.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-18-2010 06:35 Edited 12-18-2010 07:38
Funny how you pick and choose which part of a post to answer Still doesn't work for you. Troll
- - By ronnie taylor (**) Date 12-10-2010 16:27
Dang Brother!!! It sure is good to see you posting again. Got kinda worried about you there for awhile. You can't keep a good man down. Give em hell brother!!!
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 12-11-2010 03:32
Thanks Ronnie! Hey, how did I end up in equipment wanted? Whoops. How can I move the topic?
Parent - - By ronnie taylor (**) Date 12-11-2010 03:40
LOL!!! I thought it was in Welders' Exchange I know that's were I replied to it. I'm sure Mr.Wright will move it for you.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-12-2010 12:11
Done.
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 12-11-2010 15:21
Glad your back Rick! I'm just lucky I never got caught before I decided it was just not worth it. Hope the work comes rolling in for you and have a Merry Christmas!
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 12-13-2010 15:18
Thanks Wade! I am excited to be back, and am chomping at the bit to get some work done. Its a poor time of the year to be seeking work, but I think it will come.
Thank you Mr. Wright for directing this to the correct place. Like Ronnie said, I would swear this is where I was, but hard telling.
Cactus!!!! DO NOT HIRE BUBBA!!! He is a big ol dude, and you may be tempted to use him as a work horse. But I think you may find some of his ways slightly disturbing. Possibly downright painful! LOL!
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 12-15-2010 13:34
I was wondering why I have not seen your posts lately! Spent time at the pokey, does not sound like a good place for Thanksgiving! Good to see ya back! Hopefully you won't have jail flashbacks when you get out in the field around all that big pipe!!! LoL!!
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 12-16-2010 16:59
Thanks Shawn! Yeah, it was a bit rough on Thanksgiving day. I tried not to let it disturb me much, though. I have arrived in town in North Dakota before on Thanksgiving. I have missed before. The hard part was knowing WHY I wasnt home.
Being locked up did suck. I never want to experience such a complete lack of freedom again. I spent 50 days without even seeing the sun! But what knawed on me every idle moment I was in there was the fact that I was doing ZERO to help my family. Less than zero. I was taking away from them. I left my wife with all the headaches and responsibilities while I sat doing nothing. Couldnt keep the situation away from my two oldest boys, and they hurt. I was stuck doing nothing to give the people I care about any comfort. THAT SUCKED!!!!
But its over. Hopefully I can get to work quickly and start healing my household.
Until then, its GOOD TO BE HOME! :) :) :)
Merry Christmas!
Parent - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 12-20-2010 17:48
Five stars to that, Rick, and welcome back.  What you went through was tougher than most of us could begin to appreciate.  Kinda reminds you of what's really important.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / time to hit it!