Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / This is a real welder
- - By JLWelding (***) Date 12-08-2010 01:47
Check this guy out, he was working a couple buildings down from us. I had to sneek down and get some pics. He told us that a few weeks before he lost his welder going down the road at sixty. Check out the gauges on the bottles. At least he has the guard on the grinder.LOL he said he spent hours picking up 3 boxes of welding rods. Check out the rachet strap holding the welder from going out the back again. Oh and the bags of cement keeping the welder from slamming into the back of cab again.
Attachment: IMG_0482_1024x768.JPG (0B)
Attachment: IMG_0481_1024x768.JPG (0B)
Parent - By ESC300 (**) Date 12-08-2010 02:47
Looks like some of the hacks we have running around here.
Parent - - By mountainman (***) Date 12-08-2010 22:54
wonder how that's working out for him......drawing acetylene from a bottle on its side.
Parent - - By jrod (**) Date 12-09-2010 00:33
It's ok he has a 4x4 underneath it. I thought thats how everyone has them lol
Parent - By Paladin (***) Date 12-09-2010 03:01
At least he has a guard on his grinder.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 12-09-2010 03:28
That way You get to burn the acetone too. Get all the BTU's You are paying for. :-)
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 12-12-2010 02:56
JL Welding, Every once in a while I see guys' like this at a jobsite. 1st thing they want to do is "borrow" some tools: 2nd thing is want me to put them and their truck on w/my business so they can get more work( Ya, good luck w/ that!!!!) Most consider themselves "Jack of all trades"only to leave out the second part "Master of none". What I've found is, they lose their ares on a job or two and move on to "something new". They usually treat work as a GET RICH QUICK PROPOSITION and when it goes south they lose intrest and move on to something else!!!!! From Sixburgh home of dem' STILERS' an nat' !!!!!
Parent - By Black Wolf (**) Date 12-12-2010 18:09
Ummm... Wow.  I really don't know what to say.  That's about the Scabbiest thing I have ever seen used as a "Welding Rig"

On a Positive note - Imagine how GOOD these guys make YOU look in comparison.
Parent - - By Blaster (***) Date 12-12-2010 18:42
I saw a rig that looked similar to that a while back that had caught fire.  There was a fuel gas leak that caught the back of the truck on fire.  Back of the truck had a Dewars bottle of oxygen ratchet strapped in the back.  Thing were burnt up pretty good but he got the fire out before the either bottle went catastrophic.
Parent - - By JLWelding (***) Date 12-12-2010 23:36 Edited 12-12-2010 23:38
Speaking of fire, It gets even better, my buddy and I go down there at noon to see what progress he is making and my buddy leans next to his truck and says, I smell gas, and the guy says yea the gas gauge has a hole in it, cant fill it up all the way. We bust out laughing, cant hold it back no more. Belive it or not this guy is a cop at his real job.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 12-18-2010 18:16
Whoa, scabbiest thing ever seen, I'll agree with that. Hopefully he has more pride in his day job than his "rig". Could not help laughing out loud when I saw the picture of the bobcat, dang!!

Did I notice a dent in his oxygen gauge? Don't know why I'm surprised though, at least he has a professional pipe wrap!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / This is a real welder