Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Put a cork in it!
- - By Duke (***) Date 12-31-2010 18:20
A Cork radio station was running a competition – words that weren’t in the dictionary yet could still be used in a sentence that would make logical sense. The prize was a trip to Bali.

DJ:  “96FM here, what’s your name?”

Caller:  “Hi, me name’s Dave.”

DJ:  “Dave, what’s your word?”

Caller: “Goan… spelt G-O-A-N, pronounced ‘go-an’.”

DJ:  “…You are correct, Dave, ‘goan’ is not in the dictionary. Now, for the trip to Bali, what sentence can you use that word in that would make sense?”

Caller:  “Goan f**k yourself!”

The DJ cut the caller short, and took other calls, all unsuccessful, until:

DJ:  “96FM here, what’s your name?”

Caller:  “Hi, me name’s Jeff”

DJ:  “Jeff, what’s your word?”

Caller:  “Smee, spelt S-M-E-E, pronounced ‘smee’.”

DJ:  “…You are correct, Dave, ‘smee’ is not in the dictionary. Now, for the trip to Bali, what sentence can you use that word in that would make sense?”

Caller:  “Smee again!  Goan f**k yourself!”
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 01-01-2011 03:51
lol
- - By JLWelding (***) Date 12-31-2010 23:07
lmao, while pickin my self up off the floor.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 01-01-2011 04:37
Wouldn't that be "pikn My self off the floor"

In the fall on Maryland's Eastern Shore I saw signs painted on chunks of plywood by the road that said "GOOSE PIKN"
After a while I figured out that those people were offering to pluck the feathers off geese shot by visiting hunters.
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 01-01-2011 06:38
"Goose pikn" Now that's to the point. I took a trip to Mass a few years ago and encountered a traffic sign that said "Squeeze right" instead of Yield. Makes you wander if you really understand what they want you to do.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Put a cork in it!