Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Last week or four days anyways
- - By texwelder (***) Date 01-31-2011 01:32 Edited 01-31-2011 01:37
This is what i did monday thru thursday, This is a brush guard on steroids, I have done about six of these now.
Attachment: IMG_3164.JPG (0B)
Attachment: IMG_3168.JPG (823k)
Attachment: IMG_3170.JPG (0B)
Parent - By up-ten (***) Date 01-31-2011 01:50
Keep these pics and take the measurements, you'll be doing more I'm sure. friggin' nice job texwelder!!
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 01-31-2011 02:49
Hello texwelder, that is a really nice job that you have done there. I am just a bit surprised to see that sort of thing for a machine in Texas. In the Pacific Northwest guards like that are common, yet even more substantial. They will generally have cab risers(in some cases these are designed to be tilted forward for transport purposes to prevent exceeding heighth restrictions), they use an exo-skeleton to protect the operator and machine from falling trees, they also incorporate under-belly pans and rockguards in the track roller area to protect these from land materials that might rip out hydraulic hoses from the underside of the machine and damage or derail the tracks.
     I would say that you are building yours right for whatever reason they are being used in Texas(I'm guessing land clearing or other sorts of clearing/demolition). Cool thing about something like that is the rolling advertisement that the finished machine provides. I am also guessing the reason that you have done numerous ones of these is simply a word of mouth process, folks are liking what they are seeing. Once again congratulations and best regards, Allan
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 01-31-2011 23:10
Thanks and They werent very common around here then these companies started grubbing up trees on pipeline right of ways and then follwing behind them with those chipping or muclhing machines. And of course track hoes werent built for that application. But your right the guy that i built that one for seen some some what like that on some machines in canada were he hunts.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 01-31-2011 22:26
Nice work Tex! Up here with the operators I've seen all that extra guard means is more bent steel to pick out of the bent sheet metal! Some up here are just dumb or rough, not sure which.
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 01-31-2011 23:14
Your right about that i've to fix one that somebody else built out of small pipe it didnt last long at all, and the operaters dont care when it aint there hundred thousand dollar machine, the one in the pics is an owner operator machine it will last a long time
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Last week or four days anyways