Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Automatic MIG *Help with wire and gases*
- - By kidblue (*) Date 02-04-2011 19:15
Hi fellas,

I'm in charge of fabrication shop, commonly use for carbon steel piping. Since I've been a welding inspector for a several years I never had experience with fabrication shop. Also the owners bought a new bug-o sistem with the positioner, freestand torch support with the stand alone linear waver.

My questions are:

1. Wich MIG wire are more reliable and what kind of gases (individual or mix) are more effective and economic.
2. If the bug o systems are reliable and easy to set?

Thanks!!!

Ron
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-04-2011 20:03
What positions will this equipment be setup to weld in....GMAW is very friendly with gravity.
Our bug-o systems are work horses, they see alot of abuse and keep on trucking. Ours are used primarily for cutting, but those like you are speaking of are not too terribly hard to setup and get good, repeatable results. I haven't used these with anything other than FCAW or SAW, for long, continuous fillet welds.
Parent - By kidblue (*) Date 02-04-2011 21:23
Jon,
By now we will attached the pipe to the positioner and the pipoe will turn and the MIG gun will be on a flat position.

Thanks

Ron
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Automatic MIG *Help with wire and gases*