Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / New Hoosier pole
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-22-2011 18:41 Edited 02-22-2011 18:45
Wanted to post some pics of my new hoosier pole. Nothing spectacular about it but really wanted to show off the new knob. Wanted something different, don't live in Texas so the star was out and have only one hobby, enjoyment(diesels) so I figured a knob pertaining to that would be cool. See if you can figure it out. Also wanted to be able to remove the setup quickly so made some standup legs to sit it on so I can access the door and check oil etc. Only took about 3 months to build this!! LoL! Not 3 months solid, piddled with it on and off to get it how I wanted it. In about another year I'll probably start on my truck bed, 3 years of thinking about it I should have it figured out!! Had the handles and knobs chromed, needed to add some "bling" to the truck! Wife asked how much and then yelled at me!!
Parent - By L51174 (**) Date 02-22-2011 19:25
Nice, is that turbine wheel from a Cummins?
Parent - - By J Hall (***) Date 02-22-2011 19:25
So I spose that turbo rotor is from a dodge?
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-22-2011 19:33
No, actually its from a TO4B off of a Caterpillar, have 5 turbos laying around in the shop plus a Cummins turbo and was not gonna sacrifice the Cummins! Yep, turbine wheel, took apart the turbo and popped it out then chopped the shaft off. Can't help but laugh to myself everytime I look at it.
Parent - By Tyler1970 (***) Date 02-22-2011 20:20
That's an awsome hossier.
Parent - - By phaux (***) Date 02-22-2011 20:11
Very nice!
Parent - By Pickupman (***) Date 02-23-2011 01:25
Very cool Shawn, the knob is a nice touch. Thanks for posting. Now I see where I went wrong and fix it.:-)
Parent - - By 65 Pipeliner (**) Date 02-23-2011 02:06
That's nice work! How long do think you'll be in trouble?

Chris
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-23-2011 15:47
She drops little hints, "you could give me $50" she says. She did say it looked good this morning though, said, "now you have some bling!". Anniversary today so better do something special I guess! Have not done anything frivolous like this before, most of the time I cob stuff together and throw a rattle can to it and leave it at that.
Parent - - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 02-23-2011 17:38
I realy like the mounts you did, now you can work on the ditch side and not have to drive backwards like the rest of us do lol !!
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-23-2011 18:02
You know, I didn't even think about that but swap it around 180 degrees and it' on the passenger side. Yeah, I....awwwww, did that on purpose, yeah, uhhmm, that was part of my initial plan all along...hahaha! Acutually my main concern was to remove the thing in less than a minute for access to the welder. Spent to many years working around engine bays and wondering why in the heck did they do this? I tend to spend A LOT of time when I make something avoiding such things.
Parent - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 02-23-2011 18:09
Thats a durn good idea tho all i did to mine was leave the pole rest on tha pass. side open so could use it on that side when i needed to. Good lookin knobs tho.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / New Hoosier pole