Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Chu gots ta get da oxy jeeest right
- - By HELLTACO (*) Date 03-20-2011 03:21
Or you'll burn da tacos
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-20-2011 10:28
LOL!!! My Aunt told me a story about my Uncle, worked at Eastman Kodak for years as a welder. She said one night they carried in 2 or 3 loaves of bread, 5lbs of bacon, couple heads of lettuce and tomatoes. Said for lunch/dinner they cooked the bacon on the boilers, toasted the bread and had blt's! I've heated a can of campbell's soup in the v of the intake on a 6.0 Ford several times before to have a hot lunch, get's the soup about 140 degrees!
Parent - - By Nitesky (**) Date 03-20-2011 12:21
Worked with a guy (Ray) who used to do that.  He welded up a steel version of a cast iron frying pan.  For heat he used the Babbitt melting furnace (tiger torch heat source).
Ray used to make a wicked stir-fry and the aroma used to travel from the maintenance shop, up the circular stairs to the paper machines and make everyone hungry :)
He used to say "We have to work like animals but we don't have to eat like them.  We can eat like MEN."
Parent - By Bob Garner (***) Date 03-28-2011 19:39
I knew a little guy that was working on a project for us.  He put a can of beans on the manifold of an air compressor to warm 'em up.  But he didn't think to open the can first.  BAM!  Beans were everywhere!
- - By Skaggydog (**) Date 04-22-2012 01:56
Wat chu gots in da rod oven?
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 04-23-2012 18:14
Back in the day when there were still drive-in movies, I used to have a regular grill in the back of my pick-up truck consisting of a 1 inch steel plate. I would heat up the plate with my oxy-acetylene torch and cook burgers and dogs for our whole crowd. That's what we used to do for fun when I was in high school. It was nothing unusual to have four or five cars in our group clustered in the back row having a grand old time. Don't ask what movie was playing, that wasn't the reason we were there. :grin:

Best regards - Al
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Chu gots ta get da oxy jeeest right