Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / QUALIFICATION for shop
- - By ceatig58 (*) Date 01-26-2004 17:12
I have been talking to my AI and he was telling me about a canned Procedure for PQR for SMAW AND FCAW insead of writing new ones does anybody no where to get these.
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 01-26-2004 17:54
Yes these are available from AWS go to http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/shop/scan/ml=1000/se=Welding%20Procedure%20Specifications/tf=name/fi=products/sf=cat.html?id=oocvo9GP. They are called Standard WPS's.

Look in Appendix E of the most current Section IX to see the current list of adopted SWPS's as I only have the 2001 edition.

I have AWS B2.1-8-214-97(GTAW/SMAW Austenitic SS Pipe) and B2.1-1-209-96 (GTAW/SMAW Carbon Steel Pipe) that have never been signed or used. These were provided for some work I did foor a company that wen't out of business.

I would be glad to sell them cheap as I have NEVER used them nor have I gotten paid. I don't have the latest Sec IX to see if they are both adopted yet. I'm pretty sure 209 is adopted but 214 isn't.

If you need help on qualifiying and documenting your own procedures or just wan't to talk about it I'm home today and not working. I'm available at 662 424-5782 if you have any questions. This is free.

Have a good day

Gerald Austin

Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 01-26-2004 19:24
A very large majority of the SWPS' have been adopted by the ASME B & PV codes. These are not quite as simple and straight forward as they might seem on the surface however. I strongly recommend going to Walt Sperko's website: www.sperkoengineering.com as he is Vice-Chair of ASME IX and has elaborated quite a bit on HOW to use these SWPS.' In my own opinion, having used them before, they are a fantastic tool!
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / QUALIFICATION for shop