Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / 96 F350 w/ Aluminum welding bed $9,990.00
- - By fit2inspect (**) Date 08-02-2011 17:31 Edited 08-05-2011 17:27
1996 Ford F350 Super Duty Power Stroke, 7.3 Liter Direct Injection Turbo Diesel. Automatic transmission, A/C, AM/FM/CD, Excellent condition. Custom made aluminum welding bed with Duel Hydraulic bottle racks. Duel spring loaded welding cable reels the. Air Compressor two exta air tanks under the bead, Not shown in the pictures matching rear headache rack.  Also I have an air hose reel and a torch reel by Reelcraft. But they are old and a bit weathered. That’s why they were not in the picture. The torch reel needs a clip spring and the hose reel won't retract like it should. There is a place to attach the air and torch reels nicely to the front headache rack. The hydraulic bottle rack I designed, and it's a back savor and works nicely. Other than your basic welding equipment you would own a truck that will make you money at stop lights. Because, I have been approach so many times at stop lights for my business card, and there would be a lead for a good job. After my first job I had to take off the magnet sign on the side of my truck just to keep people from constantly calling me while I was working. Having a truck like mine is an eye catcher and every customer likes to have a good looking, well equip welding rig in there yard. Sorry I couldn't post my pictures. You can find them on Creglist Houston/ welding truck
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 08-02-2011 17:37
Where are the Pictures ?
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 08-03-2011 01:57
Let's see some pics of that "bad a$$" rig
Parent - - By fit2inspect (**) Date 08-03-2011 17:23
I have been trying my pictures must be too big. But it is listed on Craiglist Houston Texas, under car and trucks / welding truck. I'll try to post it again today. My facebook page reads like this.
Well I'm finally going to sell her. I'm going to place an add on Craig's List and it will go something like this. For Sale 1,000,000.00. 1996 Ford F350 Super Duty 7.3 liter Turbo Diesel Welding Truck Rig, low milege, mint condition. Must meet signed cont...ract agreement. Sold only to a certified welder with min 10 years welding experiance, must take welding test, drug test and submit to back ground check. Must have a good home with good family values and a good job. Must be willing to polish her once a month, wax her once a week, and wash her every day. Must not drive her in the mud or get her scratched. Must write and send me pictures every week of what jobs she's working on and let me know she is doing OK. Must be kept under shelter with security cameras and lights on at night. And if the welder can fill all the requirments I have set forth, I will take that welder's best offer. :-)
Parent - - By rcwelding (***) Date 08-03-2011 19:46
You mean this truck..???? 

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2523105068.html

That's a nice truck but you do realize there are guys on here with tucks that look like this.. Scroll through the pictures to see some nice rigs.. With the Exception of that trashy Black Dodge 2nd pic with the Vantage on it there are some good looking trucks out there...

Don't get too carried away with bragging on her... She is very nice but there are some trucks out there that cost more than my house..lol

http://billswelderrepair.com/RIGS.html

RC
Parent - - By fit2inspect (**) Date 08-03-2011 20:32
I know you are trying to get my goat. The post about $1,000,000.00 is what I believe every rig welder feels about their rig. It took a lot of grit for me to quit my job and take a job for 1/2 what I was making. I would weld for them in the day, so and they would allow me to build my rig in their shop at night. I bet every rig welder can tell you how much of a struggle it took to get the money and find the time to build their rigs, and still put food on the table. Yes I might be bragging and every rig welder out there should be bragging because it took a lot in so many ways to get what they have. As for the rigs you have showed me they are sweet. But I would like for you to find me a rig truck with hydraulic lift rack so you don't have to physically lift the bottles in the bed. Or welding reels that will roll up by themselves. My truck is set up for fabrication yards not pipe line, although with a few modifications I imagine you could make it work. As for spending more money on a rig than your house.  I will tell you with my truck I made a good living paid off my house, sent both my girls to collage and have seen one married off. It doesn’t take a 1,000,000.00 rig to do it, but it does take 110% ability with a million dollar can do attitude. A beautiful rig will stop traffic and get your business card handed out. From there it’s up to you to keep your customer happy and signing those checks. Those are sweet rigs. Thank you.
Parent - - By rcwelding (***) Date 08-04-2011 01:28
I by No means meant to goat you with my remark about your truck...!!  I do think it is a very sharp looking truck..  I felt like you made it sound like you were selling the greatest truck going down the road.. And yes it is Sharp but these guys are use to looking at 2011  $80,000 trucks with every bell and whistle imaginable...

My own truck doesn't look as sharp as yours but like you said about yours it fits my needs perfectly and I built it exactly the way I wanted it..!!

I'm sorry if I offended you..!! A welders truck is his baby no matter how much rust or how much chrome it has on it..!!

I hope you get a good price for it..!!  Good luck

RC
Parent - By fit2inspect (**) Date 08-04-2011 11:25
Well I know, you know how it is with a man and his truck. You being an owner of you own rig. I could probably easily say that 3,500.00 of this price is a bragging price. And my personal feeling over my truck will most likely keep me from selling it. Thanks for opening my eyes to reality. If I get a nibble on it I know not to bauk at his offer. Have a good day today thanks for the advice.
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 08-10-2011 03:07
my old truck is on the bills welder repair site  its on the third page its the white ford with the vantage on it i built the entire bed my self
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / 96 F350 w/ Aluminum welding bed $9,990.00