Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / The Economy is so bad that....
- - By OBEWAN (***) Date 08-23-2011 14:06
The economy is so bad that: I received a pre-declined credit card in the mail. CEO's are now playing miniature golf. Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen. Angelina Jolie adopted a child from America. Motel Six won't leave the light on anymore. A picture is now only worth 200 words. They renamed Wall Street " Wal-Mart Street". Finally, I called the Suicide Hotline. I got a call center in Pakistan and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck...
Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 08-23-2011 14:08
Good ones!  LOL
Parent - - By Pickupman (***) Date 08-23-2011 22:40
I like the Exxon-Mobil and the Wal-Mart Street. Funny.:lol:
Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 08-24-2011 15:54
Everytime I hear mention of Exxon I remember back to Parachute, CO when Exxon suddenly closed the shale oil retort project permanently in '82.

That put over 2,000 workers out of work and the State Troopers & Sheriff Deputies were called in to restore order from the pissed off construction workers tearing up the town.

I went to work for Union Oil with Daniels International on a smaller shale oil retort nearby.

Picked up a t-shirt stating:
ExxON
ExxOFF
ExxGONE
Parent - - By slagline 3 (**) Date 08-25-2011 19:01
I do not trade with Exxon, I still remember Valdez. The people there are still trying to rebuid their lives and their economy.  While I'm at it, I'll be dipped in $hit before I spend another penny in the evil empire(walmart). They are now the largest corporation on the planet, and have closed more mom and pop businesses than I care to remember.
Parent - - By Mat (***) Date 08-26-2011 11:20 Edited 08-26-2011 11:26
...you name your son "Walmart."

(The sad part is, I have worked with someone's son named "Walmart")

(Mind you I've worked with a kid who's parents were hippies and named him "Ariel")

(And a bloke with the last name "Yabbernut."  HOW IS THAT EVEN A NAME?!!!!  "Hello, welcome to the Yabbernut household!")
Parent - By grizzzly (**) Date 08-27-2011 05:13
i went out with a girl named Moon beam
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / The Economy is so bad that....