Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Sections / Section 55: Arizona / October 26, 2011 Meeting with the President
- - By welderbrent (*****) Date 10-12-2011 19:11 Edited 10-12-2011 19:15
The AZ Section of AWS will be hosting a Meeting With the President on October 26th, 2011 at 6:00 pm at the EVIT Center in Mesa (suburb of Phoenix).

There will be a dinner and Meeting.  The dinner will be served by the EVIT Culinary students.

Charge will be $20 for members, $10 for students.

AWS President John Mendoza will be speaking on the Certifications offered by AWS, their history and International impact.

The EVIT Center is at 1601 W. Main St; Mesa, AZ  85201
It will be in the Building #2, Culinary Arts.

Come and join us for a time of networking, education, and GOOD FOOD.

See our website for more information, map of the EVIT Campus, and our October newsletter.

http://www.awssection.org/arizona/index
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 10-18-2011 12:56
It's coming up soon.

Please, if you would like to attend, we need you to contact us and RSVP for your dinner reservations.

Contact our Chairman, Rob Jozwiak, at rjozwiak1@cox.net . 

You can see more about this at our AZ Section website.

Thanks.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 10-24-2011 23:28
Be sure to share pix!
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 10-25-2011 01:40
Good idea Robert.

I'm sure we will send them in for publishing in the Journal, and I will be putting some on our AZ website, but I will put some up here as well. 

I'll put up some for the contest we had for students at the schools to make the presentation gift for the President.  Had some great entries. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 10-28-2011 02:57
Our meeting last night was a huge success.  We had an attendance of somewhere around 100.  The dinner provided by the EVIT culinary students, who volunteered to serve that night, was fabulous.  We had the current President, past President Gene Lawson, District 21 Director Nan Samanich, students from 3 community colleges, students from 2 or 3 high school/tech schools, many AZ members and guests.  One of our committee chairmen has been on the Board of Directors in the 70's, is an AWS Counsellor, a Section Officer, an AWS Life Member, and is still a community college welding instructor.  Ralph Long has been serving the AWS for many years.  Ralph and his wife travelled about 3 hours to attend.  5 students from one of the colleges in attendance travelled about 4 hours.  They came from the extreme corners of the state,SE corner to the NW corner to gather together in Phoenix, to hear our National President.

Two other members present last night have been members for 35 years.  Others have been members for 25 years or more. 

President Mendoza's presentation on AWS Certifications and the history of the program was very informative. 

It was an exceptional meeting all the way around.

Here are the pictures I got.  Hopefully our photographer got some better ones.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Attachment: DSCF2706.JPG - Jerry Siko- Lincoln Electric, Ralph Long- AWS Counsellor (0B)
Attachment: DSCF2709.JPG - Greetings from the EVIT director (0B)
Attachment: DSCF2722.JPG - President Mendoza with the contestants (0B)
Attachment: DSCF2723.JPG - President Mendoza being presented Speaker gifts (0B)
Up Topic Sections / Section 55: Arizona / October 26, 2011 Meeting with the President