Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Qualification card
- - By rickandcheryl (*) Date 11-10-2011 23:28
I recently qualificated a Military individual and he says he needs a "qualification card" for his next promotion board. I gave him a certificate, but he says the Board will only accept a "card". Any suggestions as to what I can give him? Sure don't want to see his hard work go for nothing. Thanks.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 11-11-2011 12:48
Just print out a card that says he has been "qualificated" and have it laminated. :lol:

jrw159
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 11-11-2011 13:15
Was he Qualificated with an "R" Stamp ? If not, I still have a few "R" stamps left over from last year. I would be glad to send you one.
Parent - By qcrobert (***) Date 12-02-2011 20:34
Just found this post, Cactus!  :eek:

Wish I could have found you earlier before our company reapplied for our "R" stamp card, especially since you had a couple of em left over from last year!:wink:

QCRobert
Parent - - By rickandcheryl (*) Date 11-12-2011 16:55
Not sure what an "R" stamp is!
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 12-04-2011 18:10 Edited 12-04-2011 18:16
This thread is funny and just so happens, I did a small job for a mechanical company on a line feeding a hospital, after the meter so the hospital's problem. Well, the gas company "man" was out there, to inspect and said, "I want to see your paperwork before you strike an arc" I said ok. So I went to the truck and grab my procedures, results and everything and he says, "do you have a card?" Told him no, but seems a card would not tell you anything that these papers won't. That was the first time I was asked for a card, maybe it's something they give out with their employees or something.

I wanted to question this guy on the welds on their meter, concave, below the surface of the pipe but figured maybe it was something that should be left alone! I don't work with this gas company, just do work in their area, they've got their own welders. Almost could not resist pointing out the discrepancies in their welds though.
Parent - - By ESC300 (**) Date 12-06-2011 00:51
Gas company man may have been asking for Gas Fitters card.The state which I live in requires any work on gas lines after the meter be performed by someone with a State Gas fitters certification.Must be available for inspection or you will be subject to arrest.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 12-06-2011 00:56
He didn't elaborate, actually seems like kind of a d___. Guess I can call the regulatory authority and see if there is anything to what this guy is saying.
Parent - By ESC300 (**) Date 12-06-2011 01:20
Here in Alabama,the state has a fleet on inspectors for hvac,plumbing and gas-complete with thier own little badges.They even require anyone that is a contractor to have company name and certification numbers on all vehicles.I dont have mine on my trucks yet-dont think I am.This place is becoming a police state.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Qualification card