Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI/CWE replacement training
- - By alanriddle Date 11-30-2011 13:29
I am within a few years of being able to retire and my employer wants me to train 2 or 3 welding technicians (that I have selected) over the next year and a half to prepare them for the CWI exam. I began my CWI carreer at Hobart in 1983 and have been back to Hobart on numerous occassions as I believe they have got the best of the best. As part of my training I would like to find someone who recently went to Hobart for their 3 part CWI exam that has retained all the handout materials/sample quizes/ etc,,,,. I would be very interested in getting copies from you to use in my effort to provide my employer a replacement/s CWI when I head out the door. I have contacted the school and I guess I am asking too much as they are not responding to me. If you can help, I would certainly appreciate it. I have my original paperwork, but it's about 20 years old.

Feel free to email me if you wish alanriddle@eaton.com

Regards,

Alan
Parent - - By Billyboy (*) Date 11-30-2011 14:24
Call Hobart and speak to one of the instructors.  They are more than willing to help you, they just get swamped with e-mails.  My company has decided to send two people per year for the exam and I needed the same materials you are refering to.  They hooked me up with the sample questions and sold me copies of "Manual for Welding Inspectors" along with code books.  If your guys read the manual, do the practice tests, and use their code books to answer the sample questions, they will do fine.
Parent - By alanriddle Date 12-01-2011 17:33
Thanks, I personnally spoke to Ron Scott about this but very slow to here back for Elmer. I wanted to begin the training in Jan.

Appreciate the info. I will keep trying.
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 11-30-2011 15:11
This information is copied from a recent Hobart newsletter:

Got Jobs?

Does your company employ welders?  Are you looking for new hires?

Get the cream of the crop.  Consider hiring Hobart Institute graduates. They are well-trained and ready to work for you! 

Post job openings at free of charge at http://www.welding.org/createjob.aspx
Review graduate resumes at http://www.welding.org/viewresumebank.aspx
(email hiwt@welding.org for a password.)
The website job bank is password protected and open only to HIWT students and employers. It is less expensive than your local newspaper ads and you will have the potential of getting quality candidates for your job openings.
Parent - By alanriddle Date 12-01-2011 17:36
We hire only a few welders from outside unless they have previous aerospace experience. We train within and the three technicians selected for the training are seasoned welders with high skill levels but are younger obviously. Thanks,
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI/CWE replacement training