Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Need some powerpoint presentations or pointed to some
- - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 12-07-2011 00:18
I am looking for some powerpoint presentations related to SMAW welding of groove welds, fillet welds, pipe welds etc.  Almost anything would be appreciated.

I accepted a pipe welding teaching position that is part time and I accepted on very short notice (1 day) . I have had no time to prepare any materials and the class was 2 months in when I got here. Students need some very basic introduction to welding terminology etc. No very much classroom time was spent and I want to make sure some background information is made available.. I have textbooks however some students will not crack one away from here.

Also any useful any non copyrighted graphics, images etc, could help.

Thanks

Gerald Austin
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 12-07-2011 00:54
Hello Gerald, on the short try going to the Miller website/Lincoln website there might be some downloads there that could address your needs. Additionally, check with your local LWS, they may have some of the Lincoln "no teacher left behind" packs that contain a host of good stuff. ESAB also has some informational packets with numerous CD's chock full of great information. I'll see if I can come up with anything else when I get back into my office. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 12-07-2011 01:37
I do have the no teacher left behid CD's and am planning on using some of that. There used to be some on  the AWS Webssite and I can no longer find them. They were made by various teachers.

Thanks
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 12-07-2011 02:08
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Need some powerpoint presentations or pointed to some