Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Taveling with the wife.
- - By rcwelding (***) Date 06-15-2012 01:57
We are going on a two week vacation to my inlaws.  My wife said she was busy and could I pack my own bags to go.   No problem I say.  So I load up my bag in 15min and throw it in the trunk.  Now my wife is NOT a girly girl.  She will get out and work with me and get dirty as can be..  However when it comes time to go on a trip she has 6 bags.  Im planing on going to the same places she is and I DONT plan on going naked at any point so why the heck does a woman need 6 times the clothes..?  Do you guys have this same problem..?
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 06-15-2012 02:07
I do !!! I think they are all sisters !!
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 06-15-2012 03:19
The last trip I had with the in-laws was a pack trip. It ended with 2 horses upside down in a raging river, and me down there with my 4 legged friends cutting the panyards off of their drowning, wild eyed souls. I lost all my good gear, and there was almost a divorce over the trip.....

Some of the over the top Items that were too heavy for the panyards included king size air mattresses, (pumps and batteries included), and cast iron cookware.........yeah, I hear ya brother! Give me a duffle bag, and I'm good.
Parent - - By up-ten (***) Date 06-15-2012 03:55
We'll never change what's been going on for century's Rick but if you know a way that'll get my wife to break the 30 minutes of putting her face on, please oh please,let me know.
Parent - By Pickupman (***) Date 06-15-2012 11:51
Yep it's just one of the prices we pay for having their sunny company. I can relate, and I feel your pain.
Parent - - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 06-15-2012 11:54
just 6? we have to pack up 3 bags just to go to the grocery store with the baby and shes only 7 months old lol. I know what you mean. And yes i am a 1 bag man if it dont fit in the bag i dont need it.
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 06-15-2012 13:14
Yeah having babies will for sure increase the bag count
Parent - By OBEWAN (***) Date 06-16-2012 14:48
I don't have a wife but my sister is INSANE when it comes to travel for just a one week trip.  She needs three cargo trucks and six African porters for her 5 or 6 steamship trunks.  She gets billed a hundred dollars or more everytime she flies.  And when she comes to visit, she opens all those trunks up in her room and it looks like my home was hit by a bomb or hurricane!  Plus, they don't fit well in my Honda Civic.  And it is real nightmare if more than one person needs a ride to the airport with her in the same car.  It sometimes mandates two cars which are sometimes not available!
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 06-30-2012 12:50
My wife is Japanese and when her parents come over or her sister, female relatives I am shocked at how light they pack. Usually one small suitcase, well, I say small. Maybe 36" wide, 24" deep and 8-10 thick I guess. They manage to pack an unbelievable amount in this bag. My sister in law came over with her daughters and had the one suitcase and a duffle bag.

Now, my wife on the other hand is a complete polar opposite. Hour upon hour to get ready, going to the river for a few hours to swim in the watering hole is like moving the 2nd Marine Division! Plan a trip somewhere and you might as well compare it to moving the entire pacific force from one side of the planet to the other.

It's like Brad Paisley's song, "Waitin on a Woman". At first I'd question it, now I just laugh to myself. It's good though, when your out somewhere on vacation and you say, "darn, I forgot xxxx" your wife will be there and ask, "how many do you need?".
- - By texwelder (***) Date 06-15-2012 13:19 Edited 06-16-2012 13:20
Well fellas I do have to say that my wife ain't like that I think she packs about as light as me. We went to new Mexico for a week and she packed one bag for her and one for my little girl, now my mother in law on the other hand she had the suv packed so full of bags we didn't have room for our three little ones and my wife jumped her but for it. And she didn't even open 7/8 of it on the trip I don't understand why they take stuff they know they ain't gonna need
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 06-15-2012 14:17
Good for you, Brother......that's a good one to have around probably.
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 06-15-2012 21:12
Used to have one of them 6 bags women, dumped her and her bags.:eek:  New (and greatly improved) wife packs my bags for me, knows she's NEVER allowed more than 2 bags and NEVER goes over weight on the airport scales!  But then y'all probably didn't want my advice!:lol:
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 06-16-2012 13:27
Yeah she is a good one not high maintance at all don't get her hair and nails done much don't buy clothes unless she needs them the only thing she wants is a gym membership so she can work out five days a week, she likes to buy equipment for my business if she is gonna spend she says " its a tax write off " yeah gotta say she is a dang good one I am gonna keep her
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 06-16-2012 23:59
If we drive on any kind of little vacation over 2-3 days I got to pull a trailer!!!   First time she packed me on work trip I had one suitcase too large to fit in the cab of the truck and two duffels:eek:!   Yea I think I know what ya mean.
Parent - - By Tex (**) Date 06-30-2012 04:03
The other day we decided we needed to go to town. Gonna run some errands and then go eat. She spends the last half of the afternoon in the bathroom. I eventually got bored and decided to check the progress. I could'nt see none. I tuen told her when she was about 15minutes from done to let me know. Finally I got the nod. I showered, shaved, got dressed with a starched shirt and nice boots.

She still was'nt ready.

After another hour she comes out and claims she is ready. Im looking forward to seeing what Im goin to town with. I mean, this is a gal who has two big dressers and 90% of our big walk in closet commandeered. I am expecting something to remember.

I grab my hat and go see what the gods have prepared for me and me alone.

She is wearing old levis, a tank top, sandals and a cap.
No makeup. No jewelry. I can tell by what's on the outside that there aint nothin sexy underneath.

I lost it.
I looked at her and said, " You saw me get dressed. You knew I got dressed up. You have been back here for three damned hours, and this is the best you could do? Are you kidding me"?

And then the fight started.

True story.

Tex
Parent - By Dualie (***) Date 06-30-2012 04:11
Mines not that bad usually only takes about an hour or so to get ready.   But shes the first one to point out that im only in jeans and a T-shirt.
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 07-01-2012 04:44
:yell:
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Taveling with the wife.