Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / CAB
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 06-25-2012 22:45
I have an interest in a 40's era Ford or Dodge 1 ton....all I want from it is a clean cab.   I of course am willing to buy the whole truck.  Cab/hood/fenders has to be good shape for me to be interested at all.
Parent - - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 06-26-2012 18:19
There was one on Craigslist a while back.  I think it was a 40 s model power wagon.  Search on Dallas/Ft Worth might still be on there.
Parent - - By reitenger (*) Date 06-27-2012 23:54
When I was in arkansas I had some luck on killbillet.com, but usually to get one that could be put back together I had to look up in Iowa.  I will take a look around here in Colorado and see if anyone I know has one.   I am Arkansas bound in a few weeks and could probably fit a cab into my truck and just pack some of my gear into it.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 06-29-2012 00:07
thanks  seen a few round here but most were too roached out
Parent - By ruero (**) Date 06-29-2012 03:10
Try classictruckcentral.com
They don't have many 40's but there is a pretty decent 1952 2 ton in ND for $1200
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 07-01-2012 15:20
The welder I know in town has a 50 something, early 50's chevy. It runs and drives and he's willing to sell it. It's still rust colored and he's willing to sell. He's one of those guys that can start with a pack of gum and at the end of the day have a late model car to drive around just by trading! I'll check with him on monday if I can but most likely tuesday and see if I can snap a picture and get a price.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-02-2012 16:17
maybe for Kasey...I am on the lookout to get his first ride.  A 50 something chevy would be cool.  But as far as what I want I am ONLY interested in 40-45 Ford and Dodge cabs or a 37-38 Ford cab.  I am not in any kind of big hurry I just want to find the right one/right price for a project later on.

Can anyone tell me which dodge cab (big trucks) had the long tall chrome grill (not the two stage/stepped one), side lift hood, split windshield and big curved fenders.  Seen a wrecker done up with it on a modern chevy chassis and it was brilliant. I was told it was a 40 something but have not seen anything close to it yet....it was the most gorgeous truck body I have ever seen.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / CAB