Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / had my fill
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 06-25-2012 22:38
This year I have been forced to turn down a few opportunities because of licensing laws in Arkansas.  There are not many things I HATE worse then saying I can't take it on.

I have made the decision to shut down and reopen as an LLC in order to secure a contracting license.  More headaches, more paperwork, more money spent on the regulation and insurance, but much larger jobs available....as much as construction companies have been beating on my door ...I just got to go where the money is.  My work path has not turned out at all as expected...if you asked me a year ago if I would be doing a lot of steel erection I would have said I really doubt it.  There is a demand, they like me, I'm gonna fill it!  Wish me luck..I'm fixing to stretch my neck across the chopping stump a bit.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-26-2012 00:30
Good luck Tommy. You have to expose Yourself to risk to get rewards.
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 06-26-2012 18:37
Good luck Tommy. I am sure it will be worth the risk for you. You do good work I am sure the Phone won't quit ringing.
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 06-27-2012 04:25
Well, to be the grump on this one, everything you speak of is what seperates the hacks from the rest of us. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

And anyone can throw a welder in the back of a pick-up and be a "welder".....

GET ER DONE!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / had my fill