Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / to much time on my hands
- - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 07-05-2012 02:54
I built this waiting on parts lol
Parent - By WeldinFool (**) Date 07-05-2012 15:28
Way nice!! I remember the first time I saw a guy build some of those, I thought to myself "why didn't think of that!" They are sure handy and I don't know how we ever got along without them.
Parent - By thewelder (***) Date 07-11-2012 03:11
i just remember i have one like that, i make this one about 10+ years ago for 1 job, all 3/4", 1" and 1 1/2" in di. pipe for steam lines, it was on my tool box since then.
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 07-05-2012 16:13
A little ingenuity goes a long ways in separating the skilled mechanic from the also ran.

Nice work.

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 07-07-2012 22:29
thanks guys i got it painted and added a wobble foot on it MAN do they need to keep me occupied or I'm gonna run out of room in my tool boxes lol
Parent - - By scrappywelds (***) Date 07-09-2012 02:59
Made alot of those myself, a cut in haly jewel clamp makes 2 jack stand hold downs that will work on alot more sizes of pipes. I like that style better stays on the jack stand better. If u have alot of the same size and brand stands I would add another peice of flat bar on the top side of the V, that way it stays in place alot better.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 07-09-2012 03:20
before you posted the second pic  I was like ???   Then the aha moment on the second pic.
Parent - By scrappywelds (***) Date 07-09-2012 20:30
Don't forget the 1" x 1" angle for the foot. I would take a forged c - clamp, cut off the clamp, weld it centered in I think 8" sch.40 pipe as wide as the jack stand v - head. I would weld 1/4" x 1 1/2" flat bar on top and bottom side of head for stability. Then I would add the 1" x 1" angle on the foot. Then measure for a 1" pipe to 4" pipeCut off the extra screw lenght, drill a new handle hole and insert the handle backin and mushroom the end. Just dont forget to make the bottom flat bar only wide enough to slip over the 4" pipe.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / to much time on my hands